Way to go France (finally)

USUK

No, h2m - you know my line on the burqa.

It should be the wearer's own choice to wear the garment:- same viewpoint as wearing the veil or the headscarf.

If you want to wear it, fine, if you don't want to wear it, then, erm... fine.

So long as there is no force, or coercion, either way, (You CANNOT wear it, vs You MUST wear it) what's the flippin' problem?

I am as against the idea of a woman being forced to wear burqa as I am against women being forced NOT to wear it.

Oppressing a woman into not wearing a burqa or niqaab is as bad as oppressing her INTO wearing it.

How would anyone know the difference ?

Women ARE forced into wearing them and that's the problem, ok I grant you they are not all, but some are. How do we get to know who is who ? Have a secret code where people who wear them by choice wear the eye piece slightly to one side and anyone who does not know the code are taken to one side and offered advice from a domestic violence squad ?

On the other flip of the coin quite a lot of people who are accused of rape are done so by people that have given consent only to feel bad about it later ect if the amount of none convictions is anything to go on.

So should we stop charging people with rape ?

If having a ban helps people at the expense at a few who wear them out of free will, then its worth the sacrifice.

How would anyone know the difference ?

Women ARE forced into wearing them and that's the problem, ok I grant you they are not all, but some are. How do we get to know who is who ? Have a secret code where people who wear them by choice wear the eye piece slightly to one side and anyone who does not know the code are taken to one side and offered advice from a domestic violence squad ?

On the other flip of the coin quite a lot of people who are accused of rape are done so by people that have given consent only to feel bad about it later ect if the amount of none convictions is anything to go on.

So should we stop charging people with rape ?

If having a ban helps people at the expense at a few who wear them out of free will, then its worth the sacrifice.

Stop talking sense.

If we were a more honest and healthy society, there would be no need to ban this outfit as it would of been ridiculed out of existence already. Most muslims know full well the burkha has nothing to do with their religion, there is no mention of it at all in the quran saying women should dress up looking like Darth Vader.

It just seems to me that Islam seems to be under attack in Europe. This ban, even if it is to stop anyone covering their face, seems to me to be aimed predominately at Muslim women. Then we have Minarets, a style of architecture outlawed in Switzerland.

We're in danger of demonising a whole race of people for the actions of a few extremists.

They're very good at playing the victim though aren't they?

If we were a more honest and healthy society, there would be no need to ban this outfit as it would of been ridiculed out of existence already. Most muslims know full well the burkha has nothing to do with their religion, there is no mention of it at all in the quran saying women should dress up looking like Darth Vader.
Who actually was a Prophet, or will be in a couple of centuries or so. :D

can we also ban anyone with 5 acre bums and unclean undies who wear their jeans round their knees?

Is it ok though, if they're skinny and have clean undies, though?

I think having your jeans lodged under your buttocks is an awful look. when the people wearing their jeans thus, with six feet of underpants above their trousers, I just want to yank their trousers up to the place they were meant to sit! hehe

I think having your jeans lodged under your buttocks is an awful look. when the people wearing their jeans thus, with six feet of underpants above their trousers, I just want to yank their trousers up to the place they were meant to sit! hehe

Many people want to yank buqas off when they see them! hehe

Funny thing is, those who have done it have been locked up.

Oh well, there's loads of stuff we would love to do but for the reasoning of learned men making laws :(

Archived