What Tent Do You Currently Own?

• 4 weeks later...

Vango Amazon 600 which we got last year on e-bay for £150 (used once previously). Massive tent - was great for our 3 week summer holiday in France.

Picking up a Vango Breckenridge 400 tomorrow - another e-bay buy for under £100 - again hardly used. This will be the tent for weekends away and festivals.

Have still got a Cabanon Frame in the loft but it's just too big for the car.

all straight poles and proper Canvas here

Got Cabanon Antigua for the longer breaks - it's ace, even has curtains but takes a bit of putting up and drying out

Hypercamp Eldorado for weekends - a bargain Dutch Pyramid that can take almost any weather and can be up before the kettle has boiled

Cabanon Isabelle for overnights at North Lees etc - a great little Ridge tent, now coming back into the Cabanon range after about 20 years . . .

I have two!!

Outwell Hardford XL and a Quechua 4.2 vis a vis dome

:D

I have just bought last years XL, but normally use this. It'll be such luxury in comparison. I also have an old outbound voyager 3 man and a really old 2-man pole tent which I inherited as my first tent.

I have just bought last years XL, but normally use this. It'll be such luxury in comparison. I also have an old outbound voyager 3 man and a really old 2-man pole tent which I inherited as my first tent.

I have the old, original hartford L (12 / 13 years old now) for longer stays, a fantastic home from home, but used to really struggle to put it up until the logic sunk in, now takes 30 mins - never sleep inthe pods, keep the beds etc in there during the day and sleep in airy luxury in the central bit - give it a once over with fabsil each spring, never leaks.

hope yours gives as much pleasure - nearly camping time now! portable barbie and 48 cans o' stella - sorted!

also have vango gamma 400 tunnel for weekends (again a dead nice little tent) and a jack wolfskin 1 man backpacker though that very raely sees daylight anymore afrer donkey's years of use pre parenthood

Edited by frank ryan

I got a hypercamp Rosas from Father Christmas

excellent tent, would have prefered Rosas over the Eldorado but too may extra Euros for a ZIG for us - I am amazed how many UK owners of Hypercamp tents there are. Yet to meet a fellow owner on a campsite though

looking to start an unoffical Hypercamp owners club on my site if you would care to have a look:

https://sites.google.com/site/thejoyofcanvas/unofficial-owner-club-section/hypercamp-club

excellent tent, would have prefered Rosas over the Eldorado but too may extra Euros for a ZIG for us - I am amazed how many UK owners of Hypercamp tents there are. Yet to meet a fellow owner on a campsite though

looking to start an unoffical Hypercamp owners club on my site if you would care to have a look:

https://sites.google.com/site/thejoyofcanvas/unofficial-owner-club-section/hypercamp-club

Brilliant!

Can't wait to try the Rosas out.

We're a step family, so when we camp there can be anything from two to six people.

Obviously if its the whole gang we have to use a pup tent. I feel a bit guilty that I've treated myself to a canvas tent and I'm going to be shoving a couple of kids into a polyester pup - if you know of any small 2 man canvas tents let me know!