Do chickens bounce?

Sorry but after a few KFC's and other take outs I have noticed an astonishing elasticity to the bones of the chicken I have bought and whose flesh I have devoured. In fact, on close inspection it does not look wholesome, and on investigation of the corpse (at arms length) I cannot actually believe the bones of the legs of the chicken supported the weight of the chicken as it is so bendy, that is if the chicken ever stood up in the first place.

Sorry but after a few KFC's and other take outs I have noticed an astonishing elasticity to the bones of the chicken I have bought and whose flesh I have devoured. In fact, on close inspection it does not look wholesome, and on investigation of the corpse (at arms length) I cannot actually believe the bones of the legs of the chicken supported the weight of the chicken as it is so bendy, that is if the chicken ever stood up in the first place.

I think you kinda answered your own question...I don't think they do after a while - or can.

I presume that they need to bounce if a chicken flew off a ledge, thinking it can fly, then found out that actually its wings were useless. Thus plummeting to the ground, their bouncy bones don't actually break.

I was thinking more of battery chickens fed steroids to grow them big and super-quickly...so quickly that their bones can't support the premature weight...so they never really stand after the first few weeks of life..therefore the bones don't form properly.. horrible.

I very much doubt whether KFC chickens ever have to stand.

If you spend your life cooped up in a tiny cage, you always have somewhere to lean.

That's it, I can't eat chicken which joins the lamb and the beef and the pork which I have a problems with.I did not have much sympathy with chickens, but everything deserves a bit of a life.

It's beans, I hate bloody beans, at least they are not elastic just chewy. Lentals, peas,...

I'll eat cheese!

Archived