Cop drove past me with my underglow kit on but didnt pull me over

Hi people,

I just wondered if a cop saw me with my underglow kit switched on on my car but didn't pull me over can i still get in trouble?

I was going through stocksbridge and my lights were on, I was going under the speed limit as at night I'm very steady at passing parked cars and then I saw a cop car coming towards me on the other side of the road but he just drove passed. I thought he would turn round and come pull me over but he didn't.

Should I expect a ticket through the door anytime soon?

Don't turn this into a boy racer bashing thread or having a go at me I'm just asking. I only have them switched on on small roads and never main roads

The police don't seem to be overly bothered about such simple motoring offenses these days. Coloured lights, wheel spins, overly loud and bass music are mostly ignored, personally I wouldn't worry yourself over it. If they were that bothered they would have pulled you and told you so.

I would imagine, since he hasn't pulled you over, that you are in the clear.

Neon underlighting which is not white is technically illegal, but I don't think it is high on the list of policing priorities; at least, not unless you're lit up like a Christmas tree and likely to distract, or dazzle, other road users.

My underglow is blue and we spent hours fitting them so you cant actually see the light source, all you can see is the colour on the floor. So it can't dazzel anyone and it doesnt flash so cant confuse drivers.

I have always been obsessed with lighting and they arent actually illegal to have on your car.

From what Ive read you can have underglow lighting s long as you can't see the light source as reflected light doesnt count as lighting.

Seems you got away with it this time, but why have them if you know they are illegal? Is it some sort of attention seeking?

Nothing wrong with making a vehicle look nice (unless you're a chav with silly plastic spoilers that are slanted or falling off :hihi: ). Suppose it's the same as people making a garden look nice and tidy or your house. Nothing to do with attention seeking, just taking pride in your possesions and having them look exactly how you'd like them to.

Archived