Cop drove past me with my underglow kit on but didnt pull me over

But a low hasn't been passed about underglow lighting with what or what you cant have. Only that any light source on a car should be red on back, amber on side and white on front. But no law stating the actually reflection of the light

This is a quote from someone who got a ticket on another forum and complained about it. It shows what answers he got

After speaking to the police complaints commisson regarding the ticket, I have the following info for you all...

1, Police don't have to authority to ask you to remove the lighting kit.

2, There is 'NO' law specifically governing undercar lighting.

3, Paragraph 3 (vehicle lighting regs 1989) defines what a direct and indirect light is and thus declares indirect light or reflected light is not classed as a light in the regs.

3a, If the tubes arnt showing your 'legal' it would be very difficult for the police to say wether the light they see is from the tubes directly or light thats simply being reflected.

4, paragraph 27 (Any other lights) covers other lighting, and this states as long as the lights dont dazzle....

Thank you, whats the purpose of it though ?

It's just to make your car look cool same as getting a really nice paint job but unlike nice paint which is only visible during the day this makes you stand out in the dark too.

Not my cup of tea since i'm only interested in performance how it looks doesn't even come in second for me.

Thank you, whats the purpose of it though ?

It is like a mating sign for boyracers.

They pimp their cars to show off to the other boys, then all get together behind some factories on old industrial estates, to show each other.

Its called adolescence.

At least its better than shooting up or whatever, at least they are improving their driving skills by some degree.

I always thought blue lights of any type were illegal for use on the road unless you were driving an emergency vehicle?

It may not be quite as straightforward as that. I confess I don't know exactly what the law says and how it's interpreted. (My point in my earlier post, to which BlueDragon replied, was simply that *if* something is illegal then by definition there is something wrong with it. I don't know enough to say definitively if BlueDragon's lights are illegal.)

I muist say, most of what the 'boy racers' do to their cars is beyond my comprehension - but a really nice car (not spoilered and exhausted and pimped to distraction, a car that was designed for power and coolness) with this underlighting system does look pretty awesome!

However, as a driver they can be distracting to say the least and IMO blue lights should be emergency services only as there is so often too much confusion as people try to figure out how to let them through as it is, without having to check the light is ifact an emergency vehicle.

Archived