Cop drove past me with my underglow kit on but didnt pull me over

I don't understand the hatred so many seem to have towards those that like to customise their cars a bit. It's just a hobby and so long as the customisations and driving styles are not dangerous what's the problem?

I don't understand why people get so excited about football myself but I don't have a go at folks that follow the leagues etc because of it. It's just a hobby, live and let live.

They are basically for simpletons who like the pretty lights and who shouldn't be driving if they can't distinguish between a car and a youth club disco.

I'd have them if I had a decent looking car to put them on. I'm far from being a 'simpleton', have no interest in attending a youth club disco (wish I was young enough :hihi: ) and after 13 years of driving with a completely clean license, no points, fines or tickets (touch wood :D ) I see no reason why I 'shouldn't be driving'.

I don't understand the hatred so many seem to have towards those that like to customise their cars a bit. It's just a hobby and so long as the customisations and driving styles are not dangerous what's the problem?

I don't understand why people get so excited about football myself but I don't have a go at folks that follow the leagues etc because of it. It's just a hobby, live and let live.

Because customised cars are associated with the idiots you see screaching round the streets at stupid o clock. Everyone is always grouped together haven't you noticed? You aren't allowed to have a personal opinion, personal likes or dislikes, you are supposed to be the same as everyone else :rolleyes:.

Does it need to serve a purpose other than it can look good?

My main criteria for things allowed on road vehicles would be:

it makes the car no more dangerous in the event of a collision

it doesn't distract other drivers

it doesn't increase pollution

These lights fail on all counts.

On the other hand, they are generally a good indicator of the sort of car you might not want to drive too close to, so it's swings and roundabouts.

Yes, but what purpose does this 'underlighting' serve?

I don't drive, but can appreciate the hard work someone has put into making their vehicles look nice.

From a pedestrian point of view, I'd prefer all cars to have underglow lights, they are easier to spot and look nice lighting up the streets.

Not too keen on the sounds systems people feel the need to show off though.

Archived