Pregnant nun ice cream advert banned for 'mockery'

The responsibilities that apply to the right to freedom of expression under the Convention on Human Rights.

ARTICLE 10

Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. this right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.

The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or the rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary.

http://www.hri.org/docs/ECHR50.html

I'm well aware of what the human rights convention says and you seem to be naive enough to think that I, or most other people, would take any notice of it as though it's some form of doctrine that we must all slavishly follow. You seem to have not understood the part that says; "the exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities"...etc, etc, etc and not; "the exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, must be subject to such formalities"...etc,etc,etc. On top of that I don't accept that freedom of speech does carry any 'responsibilities or duties' which are very subjective terms that may be abused by any particular government of the day. At the end of the day I'll express my deeply held views in any way that I wish irrespective of the effect it may or may not have on society or individuals within that society.

To try and create a society based on your ideology simply infantalizes people within that society by inhibiting criticism, discourse and ridicule.

Archived