Pregnant nun ice cream advert banned for 'mockery'

My only fear is that people might build up self-generated hatred in their hearts and seriously I do worry about this fermentation of dislike against groups other than our own when really we should be looking for the good in people.

The good in people you have no control over unless your a control freak...maybe contentment in the good of oneself should be the aspiration.

My only fear is that people might build up self-generated hatred in their hearts and seriously I do worry about this fermentation of dislike against groups other than our own when really we should be looking for the good in people.

Sorry, did I just read that correctly? I think that you will find it's dislike against institutions rather than groups of people, per se.

Maybe you need to look to your own behaviour.

After the things you have repeatedly said about, muslims, gays, atheists.....etc..

Maybe you need to look to your own behaviour.

I should look in the mirror Halibut and take note of your signature. The first two quotes are from you and the forum is full of your insults.

Why? Is there something wrong with you?

Probably has a lot in common with most Americans then.

Thats an absolutely stupid post Halibut.

After the things you have repeatedly said about, muslims, gays, atheists.....etc..

As I said to Suffragette, I speak out against the institution for want of a better word and not against the person. With me it is a case of love the person and as I often say just to give an example, Muslims are lovely people but I find Islam abhorrent.

I should look in the mirror Halibut and take note of your signature. The first two quotes are from you and the forum is full of your insults.

Why? Is there something wrong with you?

Probably has a lot in common with most Americans then.

Thats an absolutely stupid post Halibut.

Behave. You really can't see the irony of saying

''seriously I do worry about this fermentation of dislike against groups other than our own when really we should be looking for the good in people.''

when you constantly denigrate and put down atheists, muslims, homosexuals?

Take the plank out of your own eye before you attempt to smear me with your malice.

Behave. You really can't see the irony of saying

''seriously I do worry about this fermentation of dislike against groups other than our own when really we should be looking for the good in people.''

when you constantly denigrate and put down atheists, muslims, homosexuals?

Take the plank out of your own eye before you attempt to smear me with your malice.

Job done. Take your own advice.

By that logic "The Life of Brian" wouldn't have stood a chance. One persons crass is another's imagination..

Life of Brian was banned wasn't it? But it was film of pure satire, it wasn't an advert for Orange mobile phones that preceded the main feature. People had the choice whether they wished to see, whereas they have little choice whether to see billboard advertising and this advertiser has said they intend to run the campaign in time for the Pope's visit.

It might have been right that Life of Brian was banned, it might have been wrong, but the debate that ensued was comprehensive and brought the issue of religious intolerance and censorship into the mainstream consciousness..'society' has now deemed it acceptable, although Im sure there'll be many who still object to it.

As I've said several times, I'm not suggesting a ban is right, I'm trying to raise the debate into one where we question the motivation of people who seek to offend or through a disregard for peoples sensitivities they're likely to do so. Of course at the end of the day I still maintain that we should have the right to say what we like, but I reserve my right to ask you why.

Archived