What sort of fisherman are you?

kate1984

I dont mind fishing for the bigger fish (carp) but im not into all the camping out in bivys and all the buzz bar milarky.

if you fancy catching bigger fish try pike or barbel fishing you wont look back...carp fishing soon gets boring as there isnt much fight in them unless you go for the ones on the canals...for some reason they give a right fight of..unlike the big tame ones on the fisheries

General coarse fishing for me. used to go to Barlow regularly, had a 10lb carp out a couple of years back, hooked on a 1lb hook length, took almost an hr to land it. A very kind bloke actually videoed it for me, and took my address. Before i got home, he'd copied it, driven all way out, handed it to my wife and left. Never got his address, but it made my day. I can watch it whenever i want now. The carp was great - his kindness even better!

apparently it my womanly smell and nothing to do with my fishing abilities

tell us more !

I think the OP is talking about the supposed link between female pheromones and the capture of salmon.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/fishing-investigating-salmon-and-the-scent-of-a-woman-1116311.html

Don't think it'll help if you're trying to put a good bag together on a local course venue though.

Mr Radish is returning to fishing after a long break and I am just learning after watching from the background and having a "should a shouldn't I moment." We are teaching the youngest radish, the other two radish's learned when they were little. Unfortunately, Mr Radish is embarrassed because I catch as many as he does!

Mr Radish is returning to fishing after a long break and I am just learning after watching from the background and having a "should a shouldn't I moment." We are teaching the youngest radish, the other two radish's learned when they were little. Unfortunately, Mr Radish is embarrassed because I catch as many as he does!

I usually, well always actually thinking about it, catch more than other half but he usually bags the 'big uns:D:D

Archived