Halloween - can you get in trouble?

Miss M

OK, so its early I know but I'm planning an amazing halloween party and wanted to do traditional spooking etc..

I just wondered, on a legal level, can you get in trouble for jumping out of hedges at people? Or squirting neighbours with water guns (like clown flowers) when they open the door? Is it safe to give out candy for children trick or treating? CAN we actually trick or treat or will annoyed neighbours call the police for us being a nuisance?

I suppose they sound silly questions but we live in strange times. We must be if I have to ask these questions.

And dont worry, we dont plan on doing anything illegal or dangerous - like throwing water bombs at cars like I had done to me last halloween :loopy:

OK, so its early I know but I'm planning an amazing halloween party and wanted to do traditional spooking etc..

I just wondered, on a legal level, can you get in trouble for jumping out of hedges at people? Or squirting neighbours with water guns (like clown flowers) when they open the door? Is it safe to give out candy for children trick or treating? CAN we actually trick or treat or will annoyed neighbours call the police for us being a nuisance?

I suppose they sound silly questions but we live in strange times. We must be if I have to ask these questions.

And dont worry, we dont plan on doing anything illegal or dangerous - like throwing water bombs at cars like I had done to me last halloween :loopy:

Don't try anything like that, it could be mis-construed.

Perhaps get a copper to drive a squad car in Bromley at 60 MPH, knock someone over and kill them whilst delivering a birthday card - you should be OK with that.

Don't try anything like that, it could be mis-construed.

Perhaps get a copper to drive a squad car in Bromley at 60 MPH, knock someone over and kill them whilst delivering a birthday card - you should be OK with that.

have i missed something?

Traditional spooking???? I've obviously missed something. Attempting to startle people has nothing to do with spooking and everything to do with causing a nuicence. What you describe could quite likely induce a heart attack, a fall or for the person being shocked to lash out fearing a mugging attack.

It sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

i think, foxy lady, youv'e watched a few too many horror movies... were gonna scare the trick or treaters. obviously if we see a very young child we wont but the teenagers for certain. its not like it will be a quiet night in mid june and a bunch of zombies drop kick a pensioner.....

Traditional spooking?

You can hardly call All Hallows Eve parties a tradition can you?

All this nonsense only started about 15 years age, in order for the Yanks to open another market for shoddy merchandise.

You know nothing of it superstitious medieval origins, so why try to imitate them?

The Revolution and the following years were meant to have wiped all this superstitious nonsense away.

Archived