Should i propose to my boyfriend?

If both parties are in their mid-thirties, I'd rate the odds of success to be higher than when it's two teenagers who feel this way. Also the fact that you've been down this road before, know what can go wrong, but still feel so strongly for the guy after such a short time ... I think if I were in your shoes (or rather, his shoes!) I'd be inclined to go for it.

However, given that latter part of your post in response to the OP's revelation about a previous marriage, I would caution even more strongly against acting hastily.

@ mighty1, it would appear that you have not learned from your past. Whilst you may be head over in heels with this chap, as you probably were with your ex when you'd only known him for 6 months, get to know this one better before you propose.

However, given that latter part of your post in response to the OP's revelation about a previous marriage, I would caution even more strongly against acting hastily.

@ mighty1, it would appear that you have not learned from your past. Whilst you may be head over in heels with this chap, as you probably were with your ex when you'd only known him for 6 months, get to know this one better before you propose.

i know i had a violent marrige before, but at the end of the day we have to move on and grab every chance of happiness we can, make a new start,

i know i had a violent marrige before, but at the end of the day we have to move on and grab every chance of happiness we can, make a new start,

I agree, but why do you feel the need to propose? Why not just live together for a while after a year or so and really get to know one another? Make the most of this phase of the relationship before you settle into domesticity?

Too many stick-in-the-muds on here who, it seems, are very bitter about past events. I would recommend that you follow your heart.

But please don't buy a tv licence. x

yes it's true. i don't want to live in the past anymore. life is about taking chances, And if you don't ask you don't get.....p.s i won't buy a t.v licence....lol

Archived