A schools duty of care.

js2012

Do they have one?

My little girl is coming home from school covered in bruises and the school dont seem at all bothered. I will be writing a letter to them for tomorrow but i dont want to start having a go if there is nothing in the law to say they have to look after my kids whilst in their care.

Do they have one?

My little girl is coming home from school covered in bruises and the school dont seem at all bothered. I will be writing a letter to them for tomorrow but i dont want to start having a go if there is nothing in the law to say they have to look after my kids whilst in their care.

Presumably you've asked her how she's got the bruises?

Presumably you've asked her how she's got the bruises?

Yeah, she told me a boy at school is always hitting her.

Also they let the kids play unsupervised in the school yard wgich has lots of climbing frames and stuff in it so shes also getting a few from there.

The school would have a duty of care so you do need to bring this up as an issue as it seems to be a regular thing with an individual child. It wouldhowever be very very unlikely that the children would be allowed to play outside unsupervised - I think you need to check on that.

Yeah, she told me a boy at school is always hitting her.

Also they let the kids play unsupervised in the school yard wgich has lots of climbing frames and stuff in it so shes also getting a few from there.

So do you not want her to use the climbing frame, or do you want someone to catch her before she hits the ground?

When you say 'covered' can you say where she is covered and exactly how much of her is 'covered' and how old she is? I need a bit more information before I can form an opinion.

Shes 6, the bruises are on her face, on her knees and all up her legs. she says this boy kicks her all the time. Not sure what the hell the teachers are doing when this is happening:loopy:

The school would have a duty of care so you do need to bring this up as an issue as it seems to be a regular thing with an individual child. It wouldhowever be very very unlikely that the children would be allowed to play outside unsupervised - I think you need to check on that.

I didnt believe it myslef till i went down hand saw for myself.

Archived