If the Pope was assassinated whilst on his visit

Isn't this the plot to "Omen III: The Final Conflict"? If I remember correctly, it all goes downhill after Sam Neill -- aka Damien the Antichrist -- becomes ambassador to England.

I've no idea. I thought the Sam Neill reference sounded familiar until I looked it up and realized I was remembering him as Cardinal Wolsesey in The Tudors. :hihi:

Suppose the Pope was assassinated whilst on his visit, what would be the repercussions for the UK, and the World.

Vatican City would declare war on us!

The world will carry on as normal, pope's are 10 a penny, they'll just elect another one.

The people who made his bullet-proof ice cream van might be a bit red faced though.

If he died someone else would take his place. What is needed is an epiphany, for the new Pope to say...."Actually, I'm not infallible, and it's all been a bit of a mistake really, sorry. I'm resigning and moving in with my long term partner, Russell"

If he died someone else would take his place. What is needed is an epiphany, for the new Pope to say...."Actually, I'm not infallible, and it's all been a bit of a mistake really, sorry. I'm resigning and moving in with my long term partner, Russell

... We're hoping to adopt two children soon."

If the Pope were to be assassinated, then the news channels, newspapers and internet forums will be filled with even more dross than we have seen over the last few days. I think the real question would lie with who would want to assassinate him?

My money would be on one of the thousands of people who suffered abuse at the hands of Catholic clergy during their childhood... The kind of people whom this Pope has failed to protect and/or provide justice for.

In the eyes of the Catholic faith, God will forgive the sinners of these crimes... i wonder if these people will condone their God forgiving the assassin of their appointed leader?

It's not our place to judge such things. Only God can be the judge. If the Pope is killed we can assume God wanted it to happen, since he knows everything and has the power to intervene in the world.

Who then are you to say it would be anything other than God's perfect will?

Not all things are set out by God in the way you seem to think - There is such a thing as the concept of free will, and that the murderer would be using their capacity for free will, but this may not exactly be Gods will... It wasn't Gods will when Tnomas More was murdered in the name of the protestant church, it was a gang of thugs will who commited the act on the churches behalf - not to mention the numerous other acts of evil carried out by humans - we are not perfect, we are flesh and we often act against the ideas of christianity...

Archived