School cancels playtime in row over noise

Funnily enough as I am reading this thread I have the front door wide open and can plainly hear the kids playing at Windmill Hill School and only when I read this post did I really notice it.

They are just across the road from me and if I close the door I can't hear a thing, some people just like something to complain about :roll::roll:

Depends how close you are...our garden backs on to an infant/junior school playing field,even with doors and windows closed we can hear them..it isn't a problem for us though.....

The council should have told the residents that complained to move if they don't like the noise. No way should any school have to think about such things, they have enough to do.

I think that the households that did complain will soon be recognisable by their boarded up windows and burnt out cars.

In the case of my 3 year old and 1 year old, I'd agree. My poor neighbours must be deaf....

I work a lot from home now and used to love very near a school, and it reminded me I was alive when the kids were out at lunchtime, the ones who hide down by the wall having a fag weren't such an uplifting sight though!

Personally, I'd love to hear from the ones that complained to see what they have to say (if they've got the gumption to make a statement to the media). On first appearance, I can't think of anything sadder than being so mardy you'd actively seek to stop children playing.

Archived