British Heart Foundation collection service; what a joke!

layola

Has anyone else arranged a collection with them recently?

We've got a decent 26" TV and stand that we wanted to donate, and so far we've had nothing but trouble!

We rang up and arranged for them to collect it yesterday-- and after waiting in all day, no one came! Not a phone call, no nothing! We tried ringing them and couldnt get through. Rang them today and they said they don't know why no one came, and now we've got to wait till next tuesday for them to come (IF they come) as this was their earliest time.

We just need rid of the TV cos its getting in the way. With it not being a flat screen its rather big and theres no where that it fits.

You'd have thought that they'd be really appreciative of the fact we're donating a TV and they'd bend over backwards to get it...Obviously not! :loopy:

Anyone know of anywhere we can donate it other than them, cos we just need it gone (but its in too good condition for the skip). Cheers in advance :thumbsup:

Most people that work at BHF do it on a volutary basis. They may not be able to afford fuel to come out to collect your item. They may not have any extra time to drive over to your home before starting their shift. Etc. The fact that they did not call to notify you is a bit rude. But that is probably down to one employee / volunteer, not BHF on the whole.

I suggest that to be more helpful and charitable, you take it into the shop yourself.

Xx

Most people that work at BHF do it on a volutary basis. They may not be able to afford fuel to come out to collect your item. They may not have any extra time to drive over to your home before starting their shift. Etc. The fact that they did not call to notify you is a bit rude. But that is probably down to one employee / volunteer, not BHF on the whole.

I suggest that to be more helpful and charitable, you take it into the shop yourself.

Xx

They're not all volunteers and the drivers get paid good money for the delivery and collection service! Volunteers only work in the shops, not do any of the collecting. To say it's a charity they pay very good wages!

I filled a bag with unwanted, decent clothing ... and stood outside our house on "collection day" and was still there two days later, so I just binned the lot.

How ridiculous and wasteful. Could you not have taken it to another charity shop yourself? Or even taken it back inside and waited for a different charity to put a bag through your door?

How ridiculous and wasteful. Could you not have taken it to another charity shop yourself? Or even taken it back inside and waited for a different charity to put a bag through your door?

No because I wanted rid of the flippin stuff, not to keep it hanging about. As for taking it to a charity shop ... have you tried walking with crutches and carrying a bag?

Tough doo dar .. So, I'm wasteful .. do I care? No :D

And Charity Bags are now used as bin liners ...

having worked myself for the heart foundation i can also add that shop managers, van drivers and area managers all get payed very very good wages, the volunteers are people who have learning difficulties and alike and without these people van drivers and alike wouldn`t be on the good money that they are . and from a ex driver if the tv is not a silver one they will not have it anyway !!!!!! plus the van drivers get a mileage allowance for doin pick ups so the person in question has every right to moan at them !!!!!

No because I wanted rid of the flippin stuff, not to keep it hanging about. As for taking it to a charity shop ... have you tried walking with crutches and carrying a bag?

Tough doo dar .. So, I'm wasteful .. do I care? No :D

And Charity Bags are now used as bin liners ...

:o

Have you allways used crutches ?

I filled a bag with unwanted, decent clothing ... and stood outside our house on "collection day" and was still there two days later, so I just binned the lot.

Two days is a bit excessive, to my mind. Did you sleep out there and did someone bring you some food? How on earth did you cope with your ablutions?

Why didn't you just leave the bag, were you worried that someone might steal it?

Two days is a bit excessive, to my mind. Did you sleep out there and did someone bring you some food? How on earth did you cope with your ablutions?

Why didn't you just leave the bag, were you worried that someone might steal it?

PMSL .. I did have a brolly .. and kind people from down the road brought me soup!

Archived