Should politicians that swap parties resign and stand for election again?

Tony

When crossing the floor...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. When crossing the floor...

• ... they should keep their seat
    • ... they should resign and stand for election again

No, actually. Having been on street stalls these past 2 months with the Forgemasters' petition in Banner Cross, Stannington, Fulwood, Crookes and Dore, I can say with confidence that every Lib Dem voter I spoke to and who signed the petition was absolutely furious with Nick Clegg for moving in with the Tories. I was also present at the Any Questions broadcast from Sheffield High School just over a week ago when the question was put "Will the voters of Hallam ever forgive Nick Clegg?". Mark Harper tried to defend him and got booed by a very large audience.

Really - everyone I've spoken too though they would have preferred a Liberal Democrat government are quite happy that they have been grown up enough to work with someone rather than the usual bitching and mud slinging. Also the majority have commented that they are happy to go into coalition with the Conservatives given the mess that has been made by New Labour over the past 13 years. Looks like it depends on and who you talk to as to the respons you get...

Do 9 out of 10 also agree that a party that swaps sides should all stand for election again or does a marriage of convenience not count as swapping sides. :suspect:

Personally I wouldn't consider going into coalition swapping sides but being grown up politics and working together to get the UK out of a hole. I think it's nice to know that people can work together when need be; but I suppose three will always be people who are more interested in blind ideology than pragmatics.

Do 9 out of 10 also agree that a party that swaps sides should all stand for election again or does a marriage of convenience not count as swapping sides. :suspect:

The question is clear enough as is the response - still at nine out of ten.

Personally I'm much more concerned with Politicians that completely change their policies.

How anyone can go from proposing a policy of a Mansion Tax designed to make the well-off pay, to implementing one of Benefit cuts that make the poor pay is quite beyond my understanding of politicians and principles.

Oh no, it's perfectly ok to completely change your mind in an instant after an epiphany moment with a baffoon who later admitted to getting it completely wrong. BTW I'm talking about Cable and Clegg's discussions with Mervyn King.

The question is clear enough as is the response - still at nine out of ten.

Its also clear enough that the Lib / Dem party is no more, they are little more than a branch of the Conservative party, if we are talking about people standing for election again lets do the job properly and let those that trusted Clegg with their vote have another vote now that we are to go back to a two party system.

Really - everyone I've spoken too though they would have preferred a Liberal Democrat government are quite happy that they have been grown up enough to work with someone rather than the usual bitching and mud slinging. Also the majority have commented that they are happy to go into coalition with the Conservatives given the mess that has been made by New Labour over the past 13 years. Looks like it depends on and who you talk to as to the respons you get...

Poor reply that.

Could I ask a favour?

Stay off the political threads, this applies to many of you who do not have the first idea.

Things may get rather heavy along the way. ;):thumbsup:

Poor reply that.

Could I ask a favour?

Stay off the political threads, this applies to many of you who do not have the first idea.

Things may get rather heavy along the way. ;):thumbsup:

Really - I thought it was quite reasonable and rational - as well as being accurate. Though that's probably why you didn't like it...

Archived