Help. Where do i stand with my Sky contract after house move??

I signed up to Sky tv about 3 months ago. I then got offered a 3 bedroomed house so had to have the sky moved. The engineer has been today and because of a high volume of trees behind my new house he couldnt get a signal.

I phoned sky only to be told that they would downgrade it to a basic package(£16 a month) and i would have to pay it for the rest of my 12 month contract.

So they expect me to pay for a service im no longer getting. I would have thought that if they cant provide a service through no fault of my own the contract is void.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks for looking :)

I signed up to Sky tv about 3 months ago. I then got offered a 3 bedroomed house so had to have the sky moved. The engineer has been today and because of a high volume of trees behind my new house he couldnt get a signal.

I phoned sky only to be told that they would downgrade it to a basic package(£16 a month) and i would have to pay it for the rest of my 12 month contract.

So they expect me to pay for a service im no longer getting. I would have thought that if they cant provide a service through no fault of my own the contract is void.

Hope someone can give me some advice.

Thanks for looking :)

Hi, i had a similar thing but with virgin, we moved to an area which they didnt have services, they tried telling us the same BUT we were able to get out of the contract due to the fact that THEY COULD NO LONGER SUPPLY THE SERVICE WE SIGNED FOR, put that to them, they will still try & hold you to the contract but under the contract they have no rights in which to claim the full term

Hi, i had a similar thing but with virgin, we moved to an area which they didnt have services, they tried telling us the same BUT we were able to get out of the contract due to the fact that THEY COULD NO LONGER SUPPLY THE SERVICE WE SIGNED FOR

But they were, indeed, able to supply that service. You were choosing not to take it because you had moved house.

But they were, indeed, able to supply that service. You were choosing not to take it because you had moved house.

Virgin media could only supply us with phone/t'internet but we had signed a contract for the TV package too which they cannot supply in my area & yes it wasnt straight forward, we had a bit of a fight with them but they had to back down in the end

Tell them to stick it up their jumper and don't give them your new address.

Surely, having visited the property, they'd be aware of it :hihi:

Write them a letter, over the phone the system physically will not let them cancel down the complete package. Explain the situation and offer to return the box.

They usually (in my experience) will back down.

Archived