Help please - ear syringing!

Is that why folks can see through to the other side when they look into one of your ears Ab? :hihi:

No! .... clever clogs BF!

That was the result of my DIY trepanning after watching a documentary on the ancient Egyptians, ably assisted by my trusty Magimix with the bread hook on it! ... Tut, tut! (pun intended!) :hihi:

I had to have my ears syringed a few months ago. I was told to put drops of warm olive oil (only slightly warmed) in my ears for two weeks to soften the wax then make come back to get them syringed.

The olive oil is doing an important job and helps with the syringing, you need at least a week probably two to make it soft enough, therefore a two week wait is needed anyway, trying to do it any earlier could just cause damage.

It is a pain having to wait, the deafness drove me mad but it took two minutes to syringe them after which you can hear a pin drop.

Wait the two weeks, put the oil in regularly and just be patient, it'll be worth it.

Hopi candles are a con,heat the candle on its own without putting it in your ear and you still get the horrible waxy stuff ,its already in the candle.

so how could i literally hear and feel the waxy lump get pulled from my ear, and my hearing clear?

each to their own i guess...:suspect:

Well, visiting the NHS Walk-In Centre on Broad Lane was a waste of time. The nurse explained they wouldn't do it.

'Your GP gets thousands and thousands of pounds in resources to do this. We used to but then found we were inundated. We'd be doing nothing else but syringing.' The latter I find extremely hard to believe.

She didn't know of a private practice and simply recommended Otex.

I've badgered my GP and will do so again first thing tomorrow. But, at the moment, I'm not going to be seen for 12 days.

Back to square one, so...does anyone know of a private practice which will do this? Any help appreciated.

I have my ears syringed every year, and have to soften the wax with olive oil first for at least 5 to 7 days. It does soften the wax in preparation for syringing, and you will feel a lot better after having them done.

I cannot understand though why you cannot have them done for 12 days, especially when you are in pain.

Some people make more ear wax than others, and if youve never had your ears syringed , you will be surprised at the amount of wax that comes out.

• 4 years later...
Is that why folks can see through to the other side when they look into one of your ears Ab? :hihi:

I would hardly recommend something that burns into glass. As a boy I tried to buy some from Prestons in Sheffield and they refused to sell me any explaining the danger if I got any on my skin.