Help please - ear syringing!

I used this

http://www.boots.com/en/Otex-Express-Combi-Pack-10ml_983171/

the other day to clean the crap out my ear and it shifted enough to make a candle!!

A couple of nights with olive oil then warm water in a bowl with the bulb

Can't beat these..good thing about otex is you can actually hear the solution working on the wax. A couple of days of solution then use the bulb..works a treat.

Otex contains hydrogen peroxide and is not usually recommended by medical staff. i found that it caused soreness and bleeding. In any case, although it softens the wax, it doesn't get rid of it - the ear still has to be syringed. Best to use olive oil twice daily for a few days and then make an appointment with the practice nurse for the ear to be syringed properly. Do not put anything into your ear smaller than your elbow!

I would hardly recommend something that burns into glass. As a boy I tried to buy some from Prestons in Sheffield and they refused to sell me any explaining the danger if I got any on my skin.

Can I ask what you were looking for when you reopened a 4 and a half year old thread on ear wax?