Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

Why would you want it back? You've already got one, it costs a fortune to run, and Roman Catholics are welcome to worship there and even take communion free of charge anyway, (which is more than Anglicans etc can do in a Catholic service).

Anyway, if you have it back there'll be an outstanding bill for care and maintenance for the last few hundred years.

('Ere, you're not the Bishop of Hallam are you? :suspect:)

Why would you want it back? You've already got one, it costs a fortune to run, and Roman Catholics are welcome to worship there and even take communion free of charge anyway, (which is more than Anglicans etc can do in a Catholic service).

Anyway, if you have it back there'll be an outstanding bill for care and maintenance for the last few hundred years.

('Ere, you're not the Bishop of Hallam are you? :suspect:)

i am not from rome so therefor am not a roman catholic, roman catholic is a contradiction in terms as catholic means universal,

why would a catholic take communion in a church that was created so the king could get divorced? also when catholics do not believe in the validity of your communion it has no relevance receiving the host,

the head of our church is somebody whos role can be traced back to saint peter yours can be traced back to henry 8ths henchman

i am not from rome so therefor am not a roman catholic, roman catholic is a contradiction in terms as catholic means universal,

why would a catholic take communion in a church that was created so the king could get divorced? also when catholics do not believe in the validity of your communion it has no relevance receiving the host,

the head of our church is somebody whos role can be traced back to saint peter yours can be traced back to henry 8ths henchman

So, not universal, then?

it is universal if you believe the word of st peter rather than martin luther

Aw shucks, there was I thinking you were looking for a friendly argument, when all along you're apparently just an ill-informed troll. :loopy:

I'm out of this one, I've a window in desperate need of gazing out of, and some paint I really must watch drying....

I blame those randy Romans for introducing Christianity to England.

We were were perfectly happy polytheists until the Roman emperor Constantine bowed to a load of politically correct pressure from lefties and allowed Christianity to take over the ruddy country. You know what that Christian lot are like, let one in and, before you know it, they'll take over the country.

I have a 3rd century manuscript from Abeodan Ablendan Acwel Atol Griffin who, at that time, warned us how Christianity would drive out the druids, burn witches and allow future Kings to have loads of wives before 1509 was out.

(The not quite so bright forum members may have to look up the meanings of the Anglo Saxon names and check the significance of 1509 :))

Archived