Can us catholics have the cathedral back??

seeing as how you stole it during the reformation, as it isnt really yours is it?

This is very important and salient point and should be addressed immediately! I've often thought of it as 'the elephant in the room'!

While we're at it, we should definitely give the British Isles back to the Celts!

I don't need to, but I think you're digging yourself a very deep hole. So, come on, enlighten us and answer the question, or we'll have to assume you haven't a clue.

Sheffield's medieval parish church of St. Peter (now the Cathedral) was the principal Catholic church in the area. In 1534, during the reign of Henry VIII, the Church of England split from Rome, and Catholic worship was outlawed

this is when the church was stolen from the catholics, the c of e aka church of henry VIII was just an excuse so henry VIII could do what he wished and only have himself to answer to

Sheffield's medieval parish church of St. Peter (now the Cathedral) was the principal Catholic church in the area. In 1534, during the reign of Henry VIII, the Church of England split from Rome, and Catholic worship was outlawed

this is when the church was stolen from the catholics, the c of e aka church of henry III was just an excuse so henry III could do what he wished and only have himself to answer to

So in 1534 in the reign of Henry the 8th, the Cof E split from Rome, and that's why the C of E is known as the church of Henry 3rd so Henry 3rd could do as he wished before he died in 1272?

So in 1534 in the reign of Henry the 8th, the Cof E split from Rome, and that's why the C of E is known as the church of Henry 3rd so Henry 3rd could do as he wished before he died in 1272?

oh im ever so sorry i missed a v out i will amend it for you sorry for any confusion

oh im ever so sorry i missed a v out i will amend it for you sorry for any confusion

Perhaps you should go back through you other posts, you got it wrong there as well. Still, at least you're consistent.

This thread is going nowhere, so I think I'll go back to the drying paint.

Archived