Sounds of a distant rave heard in Wincobank (19/09/10)

EbonyBranch

It's this one:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=651929

And to djsnfx - I hope all your equipment gets soaking wet you inconsiderate person. Next time think about setting one up in the countryside so as not to bother people who are trying to sleep!

or better still, try the fast lane of the M1

• 1 year later...

Dear readers, I am South Yorkshire Police's Inspector for the East area of Sheffield which includes the Attercliffe area. I would like to take this opportunity to provide a quick update for all those concerned.

On the night of the 14th to 15th of April we are aware of two events having taken place. The first was on Woodbourne Road (Attercliffe) the second was on Snow Lane (city centre). The one in Attercliffe was the first of it's type for several months. It was an unlicensed event of the type we had last summer and successfully stopped. Due to the location, which is quite isolated from residential properties, it's affects upon the public are very limited. However, these threads show that there is a problem for us to address with our partners. We will endeavour to resolve this problem.

The event on Snow Lane, which I think was the one which affected most people writing on this forum, was different in that it was a lawful event. It operated under a Temporary Event Notice, a license granted by the Licensing authorities. The concerns of the many people voiced in this way and to SYP have been passed to the council for their consideration, should there be another application for a future event. SYP Licensing team will work with their counterparts in the council, however, it is somewhat problematic legislation which requires evidence of criminal activity to oppose future applications. Noise disturbance is not criminal activity which does not help any of us. Work is on-going and update will be provided as soon as we are able to do so.

Thank-you

Paul Ferguson

paul.ferguson@southyorks.pnn.police.uk

It's this one:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=651929

And to djsnfx - I hope all your equipment gets soaking wet you inconsiderate person. Next time think about setting one up in the countryside so as not to bother people who are trying to sleep!

No, don't set up in the countryside because you'll bother the wildlife. Set up in a soundproofed building instead.

As event manager at the Snow Lane site mentioned in this thread, I would like to take an opportunity to strongly refute the suggestion that these disturbances may have been caused by an event on our site.

I have assurances from sound engineer professionals that it would be an impossibility for the level of noise within our premises to travel to the locations mentioned in the thread.

We pride ourselves in being a responsible, accountable and beneficial organisation and have spent a great deal of time and money ensuring that our activities do not negatively affect residents in our locality and elsewhere.

We have been in regular contact with residents in the S3 area we occupy to make sure this is the case. We have also been in regular contact with the local police who are always more than satisfied with our attitude and professionalism.

Music events only account for a small portion of the business undertaken on site which also includes art exhibitions, meeting and conference and projects to develop the local area. There are dozens of small creative businesses on site which rely on our stability and could be affected by our reputation being called into question in this way.

I am fully aware that issues of noise pollution cause inconvenience to residents of certain areas and in any situation where we were deemed to be the cause we are ready and willing to work to eradicate the problem.

I do however suggest that the disturbances described above were caused elsewhere.

Many thanks for reading. Stevie.

If you do experience a disturbance please don't hesitate to email us at info@cads-online.co.uk. We will treat any complaint with great seriousness and will respond quickly.

I'm fairly sure that the rave music that people have heard does come from the Attercliffe & Darnall sites I have mentioned before as these are outdoor events. Hopefully the police & council are going to take some positive action now.

Just to add some reassurance, we have spoken with the closest resident to our site, less than 100 metres away, and he has confirmed that on the night in question he heard nothing from our event. I hope this confirms to people that disturbances heard much further away were from another source. Thankyou.

Archived