How are you going to keep warm this winter?

Six years after first needing it done, I'm finally getting some new windows and doors in a couple of weeks. Should help keep the house warmer I hope! If not, the bathroom window will surely fall out soon and the house'll be chillier than normal.

Six years after first needing it done, I'm finally getting some new windows and doors in a couple of weeks. Should help keep the house warmer I hope! If not, the bathroom window will surely fall out soon and the house'll be chillier than normal.

yeah sticking windows and doors in the holes should make it warmer

i just wear my dressing gown and slippers with socks on or i put on a jumper and keep the kids in jumpers and slippers when its a bit chilly but as it gets colder i tend to have heating on for a couple of hours in the morning and a couple late afternoon too warm the bedrooms. i also change all the summer bedding to the winter bedding. and i tend to start keeping doors closed as it gets cooler too. i grew up in a house where the heating was not turned on if not 100% needed as we didnt have much money, i only ever remember the heating being on twice so i learnt to tolerate the cold to a certain extent i can remember goin to bed in my pjs and my dressing gown and even thick socks so i could stay warm. and we also drink a lot of hot drinks to keep us warm.

I prefer the house to be quite cool and to wrap up well myself instead. I have a couple of big fleecy blankets that I have near my recliner and would rather cuddle up in them so that I can take them off when I have a hot flush, rather than having a warm house and then having to fling the windows open or go outside when the dreaded flushes strike.

Does anyone know if it is for sure the over 60's will get the winter fuel allowance? Or is it to be announced on 20 October?

Well the over 70s have already had an £80 rebate in advance this year, the pension is guaranteed to rise by inflation, wage inflation or 2.5% (whichever is higher), I'm not sure how they will fund it, when they have got to find funding for pension increases for an increasing amount of pensioners.

That said, they make up the largest cohort of voters, and it is in the government's interest to keep them sweet, whatever the cost.

Archived