Is having children an automatic right?

The idea of an underclass in society is I think originally attributable to Marx with his description of the "lumpen proletariat".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumpenproletariat

But much easier just to say 'snob' to anyone who dares use the term.

Although I believe it is a right to have children, I'm not blind to the situation that some children are born into. Babies born with foetal alcohol syndrome, or with a drug dependency. Babies born into homes like that of Baby P, or the two boys in Edlington, or the little girl who died in the pub in Sheffield. Children living in poverty whilst their parents spend their money (our money?) on themselves - remember the family in Wincobank. Some of those families would be considered as 'underclass' wouldn't they?

By underclass I mean the obvious Vicky Pollards and those who appear on Jeremy Kyle or see Raoul Moat as a hero. They:

Never work generation after generation

have intermittent work that they soon lose or drop because benefits "pays more innit".

Claim every benefit possible while doing illegal work on the side e.g. they work hard not to work honestly

Hate the state/council/government/police/teachers/social workers/'posh people' because they are apparently the cause of all their problems

These people are the friends of nobody in society. For all the left wingers and liberals on here you should read up on the general strike. When the employers needed some muscle to attack strikers they would go down gin alley and distribute coshes and clubs for the promise of booze or a few shillings to the petty criminal dregs who only cared where their next drink or leg up was coming from. The ancestors of today's Kyle guests.

My mum used to say "Many a rich child sits on a poor woman's lap" and its true. No-one should be excluded from having a child just because they don't have much money.

The '3 generations on benefits' phenomenon is depressing but what's the alternative? Let children starve? That's already happened and its why the welfare state was created.

My mum used to say "Many a rich child sits on a poor woman's lap" and its true. No-one should be excluded from having a child just because they don't have much money.

The '3 generations on benefits' phenomenon is depressing but what's the alternative? Let children starve? That's already happened and its why the welfare state was created.

No, the alternative is to prevent them from further breeding, by enforced sterilisation if necessary.

Archived