Coalition to Launch TAX Evasion Clampdown

I'll believe this when I see it and who is going to do the clamping down since there will be few Civil Servants left to process the work?

Me too - I believe it's just a P.R. exercise to calm the "picking on the poor" row.

its nice to know they can rustle up another £70million to send to Pakistan tho aint it? :rolleyes:

Exactly - but that's just what we can't get through to some posters on this forum.

It's not that there is no money at all - just that the governments priorities are all wrong.

Well if it does happen, it's not before time. Sick of the uber rich thinking that they are above the laws of the land.

Still given the timing of its announcement, ahead of the party's conference ,I wonder whether Danny Alexander is trailing this just to appease those in his own party who are uneasy about punishing the poor in the drive reduce the budget deficit.

Don't forget Lord Paul, Lakshmi Mittal and Sir Gulam Noon (link).

Or do they not count as they donated to the "approved" party?

They certainly do count VB. Along with the cash in hand merchants and the businesmen with clever accountants. If the coalition manage to make everyone pay their dues, I will be mighty impressed.

It is a huge "if" though.

Sick of the uber rich thinking that they are above the laws of the land.

It's not the uber rich that you need to worry about because they will just leave the UK if their tax advisors can't help them - which they will be able to because that is what they do and they are very good at it and get paid a lot to do it.

It's the plumber, TV repair man, builder, taxi driver, gardener, printer, dog walker, babysitter, home help, shopkeeper, landlord, restaurateur, etc, etc, etc, that knock a bit off for cash evade tax that will need to watch out, along with their customers who will find themselves up on a charge of conspiracy to defraud the Revenue.

That's if you believe that HMRC could organise it.

Like it or not the black economy actually does make the world go around. I'm not sure that politicians help themselves by coming out with silly statements that they can't possibly fulfil just to delver a media soundbite. His personal hypocrisy aside, Danny Alexander just sounds a bit wet behind the ears when he comes out with something like this.

It's not the uber rich that you need to worry about because they will just leave the UK if their tax advisors can't help them - which they will be able to because that is what they do and they are very good at it and get paid a lot to do it.

It's the plumber, TV repair man, builder, taxi driver, gardener, printer, dog walker, babysitter, home help, shopkeeper, landlord, restaurateur, etc, etc, etc, that knock a bit off for cash evade tax that will need to watch out, along with their customers who will find themselves up on a charge of conspiracy to defraud the Revenue.

That's if you believe that HMRC could organise it.

Like it or not the black economy actually does make the world go around. I'm not sure that politicians help themselves by coming out with silly statements that they can't possibly fulfil just to delver a media soundbite. His personal hypocrisy aside, Danny Alexander just sounds a bit wet behind the ears when he comes out with something like this.

Strange that we never hear statements like this when Benefit Cheats are being discussed rather than Tax Evasion / Avoidance.

It's these 2 different sets of morality which fuel the divisions between the rich & the poor.

Archived