I need to find a venue which will accommodate my mums wedding needs!

I have been appointed wedding planner for my mum and soon-to-be-step-dad's wedding!

They are wanting to get married on a Saturday in May,June, July 2011.

They want a civil ceremony, preferably at the same place as the evening reception.

They need a place where they will allow a live band to play at the reception

They need a place where guests can stay over

They need a place that will allow them to bring their own wine.

Nice surroundings for photos

And most importantly, a vacancy!!

Does anyone know of such a place??

We have tried foxholes, they are fully booked, hellaby hall hotel won't allow live bands or bring your own wine, Rutland won't allow live bands...

Please can anyone help??

Ps. Budget for the whole day (to include invites, flowers, clothes etc) is £5000 so can't have anywhere like whirlow hall!

Thanks! :-)

you budget for a venue really depends on the number of guests having the sit down meal, I think the average menu price is around £40.00, you'll find you can take your own wine but they'll charge you corkage per bottle.

I've seen The Red Lion at Todwick and The Marriot at Canklow all advertising a grand affair for under a grand.

I had my evening reception a few months ago at the Mercure St Pauls in the town centre. You could definitely have a civil ceremony there and then the evening reception and food was lovely. They let you bring your own wine but will charge corkage (not sure how much as we just used theirs).

• 2 months later...

Hi i used the Norton house country club, i had a live singer and dj.

Linda who is in charge does a fab job and really gets to now you and what you want. They have lovely grounds if you have kids, we got football nets and loads out door games and the kids had a ball. they don't have accommodation but the park hotel is not far. i had all my family stay there who came from Glasgow. hope that helps. contact number is Phone: 0114 274 5433

246 - 248 Norton Lane

Sheffield

S8 8HD

• 1 month later...

Archived