Fitness instructor courses

Becs19

Just moved to Sheffield Hallam Uni n i am looking into doing my fitness instructor award. Does any1 know which is th best and where in the area i can do it? I read sumwhere that the YMCA course is good but i need to know the course dates?

Any info would be a great help

cheers

contact the YMCA through their website, they have courses around the country. costs around £280. Normally takes place over 3 weekends. It's the industry leader. Lets hope you're better than some of the fitness instructors I have come across in Sheffield. When I asked one what was the best way to lose weight, they told me not to eat carbs after 5pm!

Originally posted by go4it

When I asked one what was the best way to lose weight, they told me not to eat carbs after 5pm!

Sounds like when my mate asked me about gaining weight - I suggested the pie and Stella diet :D

Not the sort of weight gain he had in mind methinks.

Just saw an ad for fitness instructor type job in a gym in Leeds yesterday, required NVQ level 2 so don't know if that's something you could work towards as well as YMCA?

I've got a GCSE, an A-level and a degree in PE/Sports Science type subjects..... just haven't got that NVQ or YMCA certificate so no job in a gym for me now.

-PK-

the YMCA course is a level 2 qualification, most gyms ask for that. I once looked at getting a job in a gym as I have loads of NGB sports awards and a BSc in sports science. One gym told me that they would recruit someone who had spent 3 weekends on the YMCA Level 2 course over myself with a BSc but no YMCA. Ironically it was the same gym who told me the best way to lose weight was to not eat carbs after 5pm.

Originally posted by go4it

Lets hope you're better than some of the fitness instructors I have come across in Sheffield. When I asked one what was the best way to lose weight, they told me not to eat carbs after 5pm!

Just thought I'd add that this does help because complex carbs burn slowly, so if you eat alot in the evenings they won't be ready to be burnt off until you're asleep, so they have no choice but to be stored as fat.

Archived