Does Hypnosis Actually Work?

Hi Jan...Hypnosis definitely does work...for some people.

A big part as to whether you succeed or not comes down to desire and motivation. I have had people come and see me and say things like "My missus is sick of me smoking so I want you to make me stop." This kind of person is not talking to me because THEY want to stop smoking, they are there because their partner wants them to stop. This means the smoker's desire for the outcome is not that strong. This means they have a reduced chance of becoming a non-smoker.

If you were afraid of spiders and it was causing you a lot of problems and really interfering with your life then that's good because you will be highly motivated to do something about it and to improve your quality of life. Phobias are usually treated very successfully and quite quickly in the majority of cases.

If you have any questions about how hypnotherapy works or what it feels like then feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm happy to help you to fill in the blanks.

Sorry, I meant the divorce was nothing to do with the hypnotherapy, or the weight gain for that matter

In my ex-wife's case the hypnotherapy was about 95% successful - there were occasional lapses but they were few and far between - I know she swears by it, and based on my second hand experience of it I can confirm it worked in her situation

• 2 months later...

A number of people have mentioned their experience of hypnotherapy on this thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=130730&highlight=hypnotherapy

It all comes down to desire at the end of the day. If you have an issue that hypnotherapy can be used to address then if you really want the issue resolved there is a great chance of it helping you.

I get phone calls from quite a few people who say things like "My wife is sick of me smoking so I want to come and see you so you can make me stop". I tell people like that that I can't help them until THEY want to stop, otherwise it is likely that the treatment will not be successful.

I would rather not see people like that so they aren't out there saying that I failed to stop them smoking. What I do is help people to achieve the goals they have set for themselves.

Hope that helps answer your question. If it hasn't just drop me a PM

Hypnotism of a person depends on the individuals belief in whether it will work. Some people thik it is the gullibility of the subject. Like most proffesions, there are good and bad therefore its important to get a list of people who have been subject to the hypnotists treatment and ask their opinion first. You wouldn't by a used car if you new nothing about cars would you.

Archived