Do you know where to find a 'measured mile' signpost

I'm trying to find a stretch of road that has signs on it that say, 'Start of measured mile', 'End of measured mile' or '½ mile point'.

Google isn't really bring anything up for me at all so I wondered if anyone knew if there was any of these signs local to Sheffield, North Notts or Derbyshire?

TIA

I'm trying to find a stretch of road that has signs on it that say, 'Start of measured mile', 'End of measured mile' or '½ mile point'.

Google isn't really bring anything up for me at all so I wondered if anyone knew if there was any of these signs local to Sheffield, North Notts or Derbyshire?

TIA

Why ? Land speed record attempt ?

Don't know of any signs like that, but I've always understood that Long Line is exactly one mile long.

It's not the length that I'm bothered about - just the signage!

Why ? Land speed record attempt ?

I think it may take me a lot longer than a mile to get there Tomataheeed!

I realise that there are also the painted white squares on some roads which are to assist in speed calculations but I'm not trying to break any speed records - I just need to be able to stop (M18 might be a problem joanne5600 :D) and get a photo of one/any/all of them.

Archived