Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

But I do agree, young people no working is a problem. But as things have improved, less work has been needed and the value of labour has fallen. Some people work for effectively nothing.

As the worker:non worker ratio decreases, the value of labour will increase, and work will become economical as wages rise, youth unemployment will fall.

I don't know anyone that works for nothing, unless they're a volunteer. Everyone gets the minimum wage for their age group. Human beings should work regularly, especially young ones, even if they only volunteer to do something. There are loads of things that people could do if they can't find paid work to occupy their time. Youth clubs, scouts, guides, brownies, charity shops, are all crying out for people to help them. Then there are hundreds of healthy, intelligent people lounging around doing nothing and falling into depressive states.

I personally feel that many people expect to be paid too much these days, and expect a higher standard of living than their abilities can provide. We all have to cut our coat according to our cloth.

I don't know anyone that works for nothing, unless they're a volunteer. Everyone gets the minimum wage for their age group. Human beings should work regularly, especially young ones, even if they only volunteer to do something. There are loads of things that people could do if they can't find paid work to occupy their time. Youth clubs, scouts, guides, brownies, charity shops, are all crying out for people to help them. Then there are hundreds of healthy, intelligent people lounging around doing nothing and falling into depressive states.

I personally feel that many people expect to be paid too much these days, and expect a higher standard of living than their abilities can provide. We all have to cut our coat according to our cloth.

Money minded people are considering paying to work, and even do pay to work.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/families/article7025668.ece

http://www.accountancystudents.co.uk/discussion/viewthr/viewthread/16511/

People should do something productive to occupy their time, but I don't think they should volunteer/work just for the sake of working.

By all means be altruistic, just don't become a slave.

Cutting our coat according to our cloth is a good idea, but it's tricky in our very-high debt-economy.

Nobody told me. I'm not like you, you know, relying on other people for my opinions. :)

I see how much pleasanter life is in countries where there are either fewer people or more usable land. Why do you think so many of us are emigrating to Northern France, Spain or Italy? It's not just for the weather :) I also remember that in the 50s and 60s when the population was around 50 million, it was a lot easier than it is now. Even going out for the day was better, fewer people filling up every spare foot of space.

Why don't they emigrate to the highlands of Scotland or Wales then?

It's disingenuous, as opposed to a lie, because the thread is about the possibility of ethnic minority population becoming the majority population in the foreseeable future and not a fall in the rate of the general overall birthrate.

But my point wasn't about the thread in general, it was specifically about Hard2Miss's claim that European birthrates are in decline.

I do think it relevant for context and not in the slightest disingenuous to point out that the global birthrate is in decline, so the fact the European birthrate is in decline is not necessarily exceptional.

Nobody told me. I'm not like you, you know, relying on other people for my opinions. :)

I see how much pleasanter life is in countries where there are either fewer people or more usable land. Why do you think so many of us are emigrating to Northern France, Spain or Italy? It's not just for the weather :) I also remember that in the 50s and 60s when the population was around 50 million, it was a lot easier than it is now. Even going out for the day was better, fewer people filling up every spare foot of space.

Have you been supping cooking sherry with Pop Larkin, ruby? :D

Depends on the 'we'.

The white English have a TFR below replacement level and need to increase it.

Along with most other Europeans, the Chinese, Russians, Chileans, Canadians and Australians.

Everyone else needs to reduce it.

We should have less kids. By we, that means everyone.

I care no more about the demographics of race, or colour, of the population after I die than I do about the demographics of the population before I was born.

I do care about the population within my lifetime, and the very high possibility that I will witness war, famine and disease as a direct result of it, not just of my species but of many others.

(Just for the purposes of this discussion however, I will point out the mathematics of compounding birth rates. A 10% minority will become a 90% majority in a mere 6 generations by virtue of doubled birth rates.)

Archived