Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and all those Asian take aways selling trays full of very spurious excuses for food for £2.50 a shout have got it in hand. If continuous consumption of that crap doesn't kill you, nothing will. :suspect:

Nowt wrong with road kill and dead cat. :hihi::hihi:

I haven't mentioned Englishness up to now but obviously it exists because it has a clear identity dominated by a little something called the English language.
So Englishness is dominated by the English language? That's true but so is Scottishness, and Welshness and Jamaicaness and Americaness etc etc.

As for all our ancestors, historically, being immigrants what's that got to do with anything? There's a world of difference in a number of different European tribes trying to settle in a new land that has various warring factions in it and has a population of probably less than five million as opposed to a relatively secure and settled nation that is highly populated with over 60 million and forecast to go much higher.

It has everything to do with it, the factions at the time wouldn't have been 'warring' otherwise if they'd all been able to get on-immigration is part of the progress of developing nations, you cant take a snapshot that suits your argument. The indigenous population probably liked immigrants less than they do now.

It seems we learn nothing from history-positive or negative. Plus ca change...

That is true in a simple model of doubling population (it would be 5 generations to go from 10% to 78% actually), but the impact of birth-rates on the overall population is a bit more complicated than that.

Depends on whether you count from zero or one ;)

Basically I took my statement from a programme I watched a number of years ago about the weapons of warfare. (I think it was Peter Snow, but can’t remember). In one they discussed the weapon of DNA, and that the 10%/90% 6 generations rule was well understood by warlords.

I recall discussion that American Indians were fond of removing the breeding line of enemy chiefs, how rape is used as a weapon, and how simply out-breeding the enemy has been used throughout history. It’s no small coincidence that many religious sects encourage large families, polygamy, only the males marrying outside the religion, forced conversions, or the evils of contraception/abortion etc.

Wouldn't this only apply if there were a concerted effort to outbreed an enemy? One could construct a sociological argument to say that immigrants who have large families predominantly come from cultures where large families are the norm but as they assimilate UK culture the size of their families, and so birthrates, will decrease?

Of course this is the sort of “apocalyptic prophecy” used in those YouTube videos by people scaremongering that “teh muslims are taking over”. It doesn’t take account of inevitable breeding between the groups. But it does show how fast change can be, as boyfiday’s comparison of Victorian times highlights.

Personally, I don’t care what population looks like in 150 years. I’ll be dead. Besides, I’m a 50/50 mixture myself. But I can speak from some sort of experience of how change can cause conflict, and has to be managed. It won’t be the colour of people’s skin though, it will be ideas. My parents had to flee to the UK because in a single generation their country changed from majority secular, to minority secular, tolerant to intolerant.

I am uncomfortable with the idea of the UK population growing from 55m to 79m, and the world population growing from 6.5bn to 9.2bn, because it is predicted to do this in my lifetime. I am uncomfortable that despite this there are still sections of society that promote large families as a moral duty.

Of course, it’s not so much the idea of the population growing to 9.2bn that, in isolation, I am uncomfortable with. Just as it’s not the fall that kills you, but the sudden stop, it’s more the period when the population crashes from 9.2bn to a few million that concerns me. We seem to be intent on being witness to it. :o

This we pretty much agree on!

I recall discussion that American Indians were fond of removing the breeding line of enemy chiefs, how rape is used as a weapon, and how simply out-breeding the enemy has been used throughout history. It’s no small coincidence that many religious sects encourage large families, polygamy, only the males marrying outside the religion, forced conversions, or the evils of contraception/abortion etc.

This is food for thought indeed. In the case of Muslim immigration into Europe, are we seeing another atempt at a Caliphate in Europe, not by individual immigrants themselves, but by the ultra rich supremicist Saudi's doing shady deals with the useful idiot element of Europes politerati?

A. I was talking about western Europe

You seemed to be talking about Mexico, Jamaica et al...

B. I wouldnt mind seeing the stats on the ethnicity of the people doing most of the "gang banging" over there.

According to the FBI statistics from 2008 there were 16,277 homicides of which 32.8% were comitted by white felons, 36.5% by black felons, 1.7% by other race felons and 29.0% by felons of unknown race. The stats are all out there if you bother to look :)

Archived