Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

You seemed to be talking about Mexico, Jamaica et al...

I was waxing lyrical about western Europe...Jamaica and Mexico were examples of less sophisticated societies.

According to the FBI statistics from 2008 there were 16,277 homicides of which 32.8% were comitted by white felons, 36.5% by black felons, 1.7% by other race felons and 29.0% by felons of unknown race. The stats are all out there if you bother to look :)

For a suposed "minority group", black people are doing more than their fair share according to those stats.

in 1966 there were no coloured kids at our school and in 1986 there were two and in 2006 there was four and probably in 2026....we'll have the best athletics team in sheffield.....happy days

There's nothing like stereotyping people is there?

Here are some facts.

3 years ago there were no ethnic minorities on my morning bus to work each morning. Now, 3 years later, I catch the same bus at the same time, travel the same route to work and there are at least 6 ethnic minorities on the same journey. I am partly responsible for this because I work in immigration but the thing is, the morning bus does not travel through estates of private housing and migrants are not permitted social housing until they gain ILR. This occurs after at least 5 years leave in the same category, 9 years since most enter the UK as a student and then switch to an immigration category that leads to settlement.

There's nothing like stereotyping people is there?

Here are some facts.

3 years ago there were no ethnic minorities on my morning bus to work each morning. Now, 3 years later, I catch the same bus at the same time, travel the same route to work and there are at least 6 ethnic minorities on the same journey. I am partly responsible for this because I work in immigration but the thing is, the morning bus does not travel through estates of private housing and migrants are not permitted social housing until they gain ILR. This occurs after at least 5 years leave in the same category, 9 years since most enter the UK as a student and then switch to an immigration category that leads to settlement.

Very interesting, how long does it take for a young indigenous person of whatever ethenticity, to be granted council accommodation in an area that he or she is comfortable in?

I was waxing lyrical about western Europe...Jamaica and Mexico were examples of less sophisticated societies.

Less sophistiated or poorer and more ravaged by the effects of the drug culture? The countries with the highest murder rates are frequently (though not always) central players in the drug trade.

For a suposed "minority group", black people are doing more than their fair share according to those stats.

Could that be because murder is heavily related to the gangs who recruit from the poorest, most marginalised and most dispossessed of the society who are disproportionately non white? Remember society isn't homogeneous in terms of either culture or environment.

Very interesting, how long does it take for a young indigenous person of whatever ethenticity, to be granted council accommodation in an area that he or she is comfortable in?

As Mecky was talking about the time before an imigrant could apply for social housing how does this question follow?

So Englishness is dominated by the English language? That's true but so is Scottishness, and Welshness and Jamaicaness and Americaness etc etc.

Yes and they all add a little bit of their own culture to the English language, just like us English add a bit of Englishness to the English language.

It has everything to do with it, the factions at the time wouldn't have been 'warring' otherwise if they'd all been able to get on-immigration is part of the progress of developing nations, you cant take a snapshot that suits your argument. The indigenous population probably liked immigrants less than they do now.

Sorry but I think you need to learn a little about ancient English history when most of the UK was a mixture of different warring Kingdoms that only had some kind of basic nation hood after this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbert_of_Wessex which didn't last very long as these various tribes kept fighting for dominance for many years to come leaving the country open to invasions from Vikings and later Normans.

I also think that there was probably a much less of an indigenous population back then than there is now.

Yes and they all add a little bit of their own culture to the English language, just like us English add a bit of Englishness to the English language.

Sorry but I think you need to learn a little about ancient English history when most of the UK was a mixture of different warring Kingdoms that only had some kind of basic nation hood after this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egbert_of_Wessex which didn't last very long as these various tribes kept fighting for dominance for many years to come leaving the country open to invasions from Vikings and later Normans.

I also think that there was probably a much less of an indigenous population back then than there is now.

I think SF is a faction of warrng peoples at present. :D

Response to Hlibut:

Im going say the un-sayable now...There is a reason why, relatively speaking, the UK is a safe, stable, healthy country with good infrastructure, and that reason is that it has been majority European forever.

But look at Jamaica, look at argentina, look at somalia, i could go on.

My bold. I wouldn't bother. By suggesting that Jamaica, Argentina and Somalia do not fit within your idea of a safe, stable, healthy country due to their lack of a majority population of European origin, you show your ingnorance of the different issues facing those nations and how they have developed. You are particularly insightful on Somalia ... "and Somalia is Somalia...nuff said".

I wouldnt mind seeing the stats on the ethnicity of the people doing most of the "gang banging" over there.

Or perhaps, the stats on the relationship between ethnicity and socio-economic status (over there). Such information isn't that hard to find online if you're really interested. I suspect that you are happy with the notion that it's all about race and don't wish to become better informed.

Archived