Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

So the % if ethnic minorities has gone up to 15% in the last 20 years and that means it is inevitable that whites will become a minority in most people's lifetimes? That appears to be rather a stretch...

I'm just going on what the situation is in America if you read the rest of the post and the Slate link.

http://www.slate.com/id/2265515/

So the % if ethnic minorities has gone up to 15% in the last 20 years and that means it is inevitable that whites will become a minority in most people's lifetimes? That appears to be rather a stretch...

..good point, and of course the figures take no account of the ethnic minorities that will be absorbed within the indigenous population over that time.

Very disingenuous of you. The birthrate may be forecast to fall but it will still remain above 0 which means that the population will almost certainly continue to rise.

How is it disingenuous, that I linked to a graph that clearly illustrates the point you are implying I was trying to hide. :huh:

I'm just going on what the situation is in America if you read the rest of the post and the Slate link.

http://www.slate.com/id/2265515/

I did read that and to be honest was rather wondering why you had put it in. It seems to be about some pathetic whinging white supremacist and hardly and indication of what is happening in vast majority of the US.

How is it disingenuous, that I linked to a graph that clearly illustrates the point you are implying I was trying to hide. :huh:

It's disingenuous, as opposed to a lie, because the thread is about the possibility of ethnic minority population becoming the majority population in the foreseeable future and not a fall in the rate of the general overall birthrate.

I did read that and to be honest was rather wondering why you had put it in. It seems to be about some pathetic whinging white supremacist and hardly and indication of what is happening in vast majority of the US.

I can't quite work out who you're talking about as being a 'pathetic whinging white supremacist'.:huh: Is it Christopher Hitchens?:confused:

It's disingenuous, as opposed to a lie, because the thread is about the possibility of ethnic minority population becoming the majority population in the foreseeable future and not a fall in the rate of the general overall birthrate.

What do you fear if that situation arose?

Populations change over time, I'm often reminded how Britain isn't racist, yet when presented with a situation that might challenge egalitarian principles, there's suddenly virtue in being afraid of people who don't look like you.

Twenty years is a long time, all kinds of things will change including the ethnic make up of the population, but why is the default reaction that it's a bad thing?

My youngest child has a totally different group of friends from an ethnic point of view than my eldest did and certainly far different to my own experiences, but so what? They don't perceive differences the same way the older generations tend to.

I'm sure my children's white granny never imagined she'd have mixed race grandchildren when she was a child in the 1930's, but she has several and loved them the same as her white ones.

My own mixed race children will probably marry white folks, so my grandchildren will look as different to me, as my children do to my in laws, great!-it's time to get over this nonsense.

If it makes anyone feel happier at least it will improve our chances of winning the World Cup in 20 years time ;)

in 1966 there were no coloured kids at our school and in 1986 there were two and in 2006 there was four and probably in 2026....we'll have the best athletics team in sheffield.....happy days

What do you fear if that situation arose?

I don't fear anything. I was asking people to put themselves in the position of a minority and to express how they might feel, especially after being in the majority for thousands of years.

I don't fear anything. I was asking people to put themselves in the position of a minority and to express how they might feel, especially after being in the majority for thousands of years.

Do not be drawn.

They are people of the devil.

Archived