Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

I don't fear anything. I was asking people to put themselves in the position of a minority and to express how they might feel, especially after being in the majority for thousands of years.

I'm sure that I'd feel anything much. It'd be funny seeing the white supremacists squirming though.

Well I've consistently said we're all racist, some people tend to take offence by that, but the reality of the ethnic population increasing tends to arouse their indignation nonetheless. At least in acknowledging that fact means it's something that can be dealt with-denying you have cancer doesn't make it go away....

Totally agree with that, but I'm not sure how having a neighbour with a black face directly affects the way white people live, unless he happens to be a pain in the arse.

The thing about racism is, it's so multifaceted. To some, it's an objection to people coming here and seeking asylum and 'taking our houses and living on benefits'. It can also mean, 'people not born here taking our jobs', and also, 'people of a different colour and/or religion (whether or not born here) having more children than I have'. And lots more in between.

The OP seems to be making a point about ethnic minorities. So, you've a problem with Irish, Scottish, Poles, Americans, Welsh, Lithuanians, Spaniards etc? Anyone who doesn't consider themselves mainstream 'British' (whatever that is) will have ticked the box that leads to the conclusions of this report or others like it.

Or is it a grumble about colour? Or race (The Scots are a race)? Or language (Not being able to speak English perfectly is a problem, ask any Icelander here on holiday!)? Or is it about religion (most of us in the UK don't actively worship any religion)?

The fact that the OP specifically mentions 'the white population' makes it racist - because presumably this thread is about the 'white population of England' being taken over by the 'non-whites'. Yet, that's not what the report says - it talks about 'ethnic minorities', not 'non-whites'.

You need to decide what you're railing against! - is it people who follow Islam? Or black people? Or non-born-here people? Or people who have more children than average?

Let's all know exactly where your prejudices lie, so we can accurately decide if we agree or not!

The thing about racism is, it's so multifaceted. To some, it's an objection to people coming here and seeking asylum and 'taking our houses and living on benefits'. It can also mean, 'people not born here taking our jobs', and also, 'people of a different colour and/or religion (whether or not born here) having more children than I have'. And lots more in between.
Sage words SH, and of course you're quite right. That's why I was bold in the statement, because the objection seemed to be aroused by the fact ethnic minorities are increasing, rather than the attendant problems that might (or might not) be associated with them.

The fact that the OP specifically mentions 'the white population' makes it racist - because presumably this thread is about the 'white population of England' being taken over by the 'non-whites'. Yet, that's not what the report says - it talks about 'ethnic minorities', not 'non-whites'.

Therein lies the real issue, how white folks feel about it, as though they have more of an interest in the future of this country than non whites do or their view should be pre-eminent or that non whites are a malign influence.

You need to decide what you're railing against! - is it people who follow Islam? Or black people? Or non-born-here people? Or people who have more children than average?

Let's all know exactly where your prejudices lie, so we can accurately decide if we agree or not!

Hallelujah!! :thumbsup:

We should have less kids.

Depends on the 'we'.

The white English have a TFR below replacement level and need to increase it.

Along with most other Europeans, the Chinese, Russians, Chileans, Canadians and Australians.

Everyone else needs to reduce it.

Archived