Ethnic minorities double in 20 years

Yes by integration. But most peoples have no intention of integration or leaving one iota of the life they left behind. In fact they would sooner everything else change accordingly to accept them.

My fear is it is going to get a lot worse before it gets better. :(

People don't generally integrate though. Like for like associates and seeks to further its cause. There is a battle for power. Groups that cry out for equality for their group, don't stop at equality, they want more, positive discrimination for example. This is the nature of us all. Majority power becomes of greater importance. Just look at the Lib Dems and Conservatives forming a coalition (It would never happen unless it was in both of their interests to gain power).

If everyone wanted equality, we wouldn't have a problem.

There are 12 million pensioners.

We'd end up with the strongest economy in the world, and there would be no need for immigration. It would be outlawed, like elsewhere in the world with an abundance of people of working age.

I've said frequently that it would only take 15-20 yrs of minor belt tightening and we'd all have croaked naturally. Additionally if we were to get all the idle so n soes off their backsides and into some sort of work, job's a good un!

It's not so long ago that working people in East End London regarded two weeks hop picking in Kent as a holiday. What went so badly wrong with the national character?

Nobody told me. I'm not like you, you know, relying on other people for my opinions. :)

I see how much pleasanter life is in countries where there are either fewer people or more usable land. Why do you think so many of us are emigrating to Northern France, Spain or Italy? It's not just for the weather :) I also remember that in the 50s and 60s when the population was around 50 million, it was a lot easier than it is now. Even going out for the day was better, fewer people filling up every spare foot of space.

The lower population densities are attractive to all, people with money don't live in tower blocks. It's far cheaper on the continent for land than in the UK ;)

Back in the 50s and 60s, the majority of the population was working adults, all putting into the pot.

Demography is now the major problem in the UK. It's why we encourage people to immigrate and work. It's getting increasingly more attractive to emigrate, but the only people whom can emigrate freely are those with money, or the ability to work.

People don't generally integrate though. Like for like associates and seeks to further its cause. There is a battle for power. Groups that cry out for equality for their group, don't stop at equality, they want more, positive discrimination for example. This is the nature of us all. Majority power becomes of greater importance. Just look at the Lib Dems and Conservatives forming a coalition (It would never happen unless it was in both of their interests to gain power).

If everyone wanted equality, we wouldn't have a problem.

Well said and well understood regarding the vagrancies of human nature. This seems to be the major fear in America, the fear of non whites being in the majority and introducing 'non American' values that may destroy the nation that they've come to know and understand.

Personally I think America is too diverse for that to happen and its constitution seems to be very difficult to change but these fears in themselves, added to the fear of terrorism, may have a very adverse effect on a nation that prides itself on always having a positive outlook and a specifically American Dream to reach for.

The lower population densities are attractive to all, people with money don't live in tower blocks. It's far cheaper on the continent for land than in the UK ;)

Back in the 50s and 60s, the majority of the population was working adults, all putting into the pot.

Demography is now the major problem in the UK. It's why we encourage people to immigrate and work. It's getting increasingly more attractive to emigrate, but the only people whom can emigrate freely are those with money, or the ability to work.

They do in Canary Wharf :)

Back in the 50s and 60s there were a lot of disabled people about, war damaged, and the majority of the population seemed to be kids! ;) But you're right, there was full employment for anyone that wanted it.

The demographic can be changed, if we just bite the bullet? We are encouraging people to come here and work but imo, we don't actually need most of them. There are too many people here already that don't work even when they're perfectly fit and capable.

So how bad is that for the economic state of the nation when you seem to be suggesting that it's mainly the rich or well educated that are emigrating and the poor or poorly educated that are coming into the country?

Are we suffering from a national brain drain?

So how bad is that for the economic state of the nation when you seem to be suggesting that it's mainly the rich or well educated that are emigrating and the poor or poorly educated that are coming into the country?

Are we suffering from a national brain drain?

We are addressing that, we have made the exams easier so no one will notice ;)

Archived