For goodness Sake!! Nonnas and Walnut Club

Prestige1000

Read it again. You are mistaking me for somebody who is defending the indefensible.

I can see that you are not championing what happened Tony but you have to question the fact that the owners ended up with a new restaurant/bar in Chesterfield which must have cost the majority of the amount they went bust for in Sheffield. Possibly need a law about questionable business practices?

To the best of my knowledge Nonnas Chesterfield Ltd is a completely separate business. I honestly have no knowledge of the financial or legal connections (if any) between them and I suspect that nobody else on this thread does either.

Reputations take years to build up but can be destroyed quickly by people who don't have a clue and will never have to suffer the consequences of their misapprehensions. In short, it might be libel that has consequences in a court.

Like you say, I'm not defending anything or anyone but I do think it's important to point out that it isn't as simple as some people are suggesting, including those in who work in the local tax office.

Edited by Tony

Read it again. You are mistaking me for somebody who is defending the indefensible.
If that's for me, I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just using your comment as a peg to hang my argument on. :)

At one time if you went bankrupt you were supposed to end your days in shame and sackcloth until you'd paid everyone off. It doesn't seem to work like that these days. There's not even a sign of contrition for the upset they cause, to their creditors and their staff.

It happens too often, look at Connaught. Those workmen didn't seem to have the first idea what was going on, being paid for three days instead of three weeks and even having to pay for their own fuel for the vans. :huh: And yet carrying on with their work because they didn't want to let anyone down. I didn't think they made people like that these days :D

If that's for me, I wasn't accusing you of that. I was just using your comment as a peg to hang my argument on. :)

At one time if you went bankrupt you were supposed to end your days in shame and sackcloth until you'd paid everyone off. It doesn't seem to work like that these days. There's not even a sign of contrition for the upset they cause, to their creditors and their staff.

It happens too often, look at Connaught. Those workmen didn't seem to have the first idea what was going on, being paid for three days instead of three weeks and even having to pay for their own fuel for the vans. :huh: And yet carrying on with their work because they didn't want to let anyone down. I didn't think they made people like that these days :D

Fair comment on para 1.

But yes, there may have been wrongdoing in Connaught but remember that the directors were despeately trying to put together a rescue with their bank that would have paid them, secured their jobs and the future of the business.

I'm certain that you wouldn't prefer them to chuck the towel in straight away, tell everyone to pack up and go home and find another job?

As an aside, the Connaught thing is directly down to Government procurement policy and methods that have created an environment where companies tender for work at below cost price. It's still happening and will Connaught won't be the last. It is the fault of the previous Labour government (and some people wonder why I despised them so much).

On there you will find Nonna’s Chesterfield Ltd and Nonna's Sheffield Ltd.

Edited by Tony

Yes, they're completely unrelated companies ... on paper maybe. But they're related closely enough to share a website ... and they have property abroad ... :P

The thot plickens :suspect:

There are 4 Nonna's companies, 1 recently liquidated. The other three, active, companies are all registered at 535-541 Ecclesall Road. The names Bohan, Mori and Jackson come up for more than 1 company.

on paper

Legally and actually separate.

People are allowed to own more than one business. I appreciate that this has nothing to do with anything pertaining to this thread but none of us know who is involved, who owns shares, who has provided financial backing, who is the banker, what connections there are, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know anything about their actual financial or business activities and it's fair to assume that nobody else on this thread does beyond what they hear second hand and draw conclusions from - right or wrong.

Opinions are like... gah, I've said that once already this week. Meantime we all struggle on including suppliers, employees, directors and owners of Nonnas.

Legally and actually separate.

People are allowed to own more than one business. I appreciate that this has nothing to do with anything pertaining to this thread but none of us know who is involved, who owns shares, who has provided financial backing, who is the banker, what connections there are, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know anything about their actual financial or business activities and it's fair to assume that nobody else on this thread does beyond what they hear second hand and draw conclusions from - right or wrong.

Tony, many facts about public limited companies are available, well, publicly. You simply have to look them up. If you can be bothered. No need for guessing.