For goodness Sake!! Nonnas and Walnut Club

Prestige1000

Tony, many facts about public limited companies are available, well, publicly. You simply have to look them up. If you can be bothered. No need for guessing.

Tecnical point; Nonnas aren't a PLC. But yes you are right, I can't be bothered and I'm certainly not joining in the guessing.

Tecnical point; Nonnas aren't a PLC. But yes you are right, I can't be bothered and I'm certainly not joining in the guessing.

You're very well informed. Perhaps you don't need to guess at the things that are going on in the Ecclesall Road italian restaurant trade?

It's not sounding good for Walnut Live, sadly. It seems obvious now that you'd need a new licence, but equally I guess it's an easy thing to overlook with all the turmoil of re-financing etc.

It's a lovely venue.

For people working in the licensed trade, it's a terrible oversight and it seems bizarre that it should happen to two separate companies. They must have received some very bad advice from someone.

For people working in the licensed trade, it's a terrible oversight and it seems bizarre that it should happen to two separate companies. They must have received some very bad advice from someone.

I guess - I don't work in the licensing trade. I was just thinking that if the licence says 'Person X is licensed ...' and Person X is still working there, it might not occur to you in all the turmoil that Person X would be barred from holding a licence once the company had been liquidated.

I'm not a fan of companies liquidating and coming back either, but given that it has happened I hope it turns out ok for them.

I guess - I don't work in the licensing trade. I was just thinking that if the licence says 'Person X is licensed ...' and Person X is still working there, it might not occur to you in all the turmoil that Person X would be barred from holding a licence once the company had been liquidated.

I'm not a fan of companies liquidating and coming back either, but given that it has happened I hope it turns out ok for them.

The problem must have been the Premises Licence rather than the Personal Licence. The law is clear that a change of name (company or person) must be notified, just as if the premises had been sold. They can be convicted and fined for not arranging the transfer of the Premises Licence to the new company in a reasonable time. Perhaps they should consider themselves very lucky just to have to re-apply for a new licence.

Or they could just shut up shop, sack the employees, leave the suppliers with less business, landlords with boarded up premises, HMRC with no tax income, the LA with no rates and absolutely everyone will be worse off.

There, that feels better. Nobody is laughing now, eh?

Of course it sticks in the craw but this is the real world with real people and real money with real lives, homes, families and jobs. Sometimes stuff happens but once it happens you need to do something about it for the best and it is much better to try to keep a business going and people employed.

If it is a deliberate act to defraud then the tax and company authorities will clamp down as the law allows. Won't they?

I can understand your point but im sure with the number of bars and restaurants in just that area the staff may find employment, the suppliers have been shafted and will continue to get shafted in the future is they keep pulling this trick, the landlord would have no issues getting someone else in as it is one of the best locations in Sheffield and trust me HMRC will get their money they don't tend to forget about money owed!

That Bohan chap makes me want to puke.

Whining on about the council hindering his business. Jesus what an idiot.

No contrition whatsoever for the creditors or HMRC (i.e. £ 200 K of YOUR money).

I hope his business goes bust permanently and he ends up begging on the streets.

BOYCOTT NONNAS

That Bohan chap makes me want to puke.

Whining on about the council hindering his business. Jesus what an idiot.

No contrition whatsoever for the creditors or HMRC (i.e. £ 200 K of YOUR money).

I hope his business goes bust permanently and he ends up begging on the streets.

BOYCOTT NONNAS

I've been boycotting it for years, cause its full of pretencious A holes.

I can understand your point but im sure with the number of bars and restaurants in just that area the staff may find employment, the suppliers have been shafted and will continue to get shafted in the future is they keep pulling this trick, the landlord would have no issues getting someone else in as it is one of the best locations in Sheffield and trust me HMRC will get their money they don't tend to forget about money owed!

...and if most companies can pay their dues and work within the rules it's galling for them when someone else pulls a fast one and gets away with not paying their bills.