Almost run over by a fedex van; where can i report this?

layola

Basically i was crossing the road near middlewood road, as i have done a million times, and this particular ones a bit of a bugger as there is a crossing but the only thing you have to go on is the lights, and i double checked the lights were at red and started walking. Half way across the lights must have changed and this fedex van came revving at me beeping his horn and missed my by inches!

Now i'm not silly i've recently done my car theory; your meant to wait till everyones got across before you set off! If he'd have just waited two more seconds i would have been off the road anyway!

I hope the person lives in sheffield and sees this cos i'd love to have it out with him for almost killing me! I know the lights were red when i looked! I can't help it if they change when i'm crossing!

Anyway, my reasoning for posting is that i want to know if theres anything i can do to report this. Being my myself and very shaken up i didnt see the reg on the van, and i wasn't physically hurt, but would like to report this to someone if i can, i presume the person lives local cos i think i saaw children in the van.

Basically i was crossing the road near middlewood road, as i have done a million times, and this particular ones a bit of a bugger as there is a crossing but the only thing you have to go on is the lights, and i double checked the lights were at red and started walking. Half way across the lights must have changed and this fedex van came revving at me beeping his horn and missed my by inches!

Now i'm not silly i've recently done my car theory; your meant to wait till everyones got across before you set off! If he'd have just waited two more seconds i would have been off the road anyway!

I hope the person lives in sheffield and sees this cos i'd love to have it out with him for almost killing me! I know the lights were red when i looked! I can't help it if they change when i'm crossing!

Anyway, my reasoning for posting is that i want to know if theres anything i can do to report this. Being my myself and very shaken up i didnt see the reg on the van, and i wasn't physically hurt, but would like to report this to someone if i can, i presume the person lives local cos i think i saaw children in the van.

Not worth the bother of reporting. No wittness and no damage done, so not worth the bother. By the sounds of this he found it extremely funny and knew what he was doing. Just put it down to experience, plenty more like him on the road.

Bet you forgot you could still move that fast.

Not worth the bother of reporting. No wittness and no damage done, so not worth the bother. By the sounds of this he found it extremely funny and knew what he was doing. Just put it down to experience, plenty more like him on the road.

It absolutely is worth the bother.

True Truee :/

And to be honest i thought i was a gonner so i just carried on walking ahaha thats how scared i was i forgot to run!

Just makes me angry people like that :mad:

It absolutely is worth the bother.

Well personally I wouldn't bother, but i suppose she could contact company. But driver would only lie his way out of it. Police are too busy for this and has said no-one hurt, just put to experience and laugh at the maddness of the event.

True Truee :/

And to be honest i thought i was a gonner so i just carried on walking ahaha thats how scared i was i forgot to run!

Just makes me angry people like that :mad:

You FORGOT to run. Human instint usually kicks in on these occasions. I suggest you improve your reflexes.

Good luck for the future, lol

Well personally I wouldn't bother, but i suppose she could contact company. But driver would only lie his way out of it. Police are too busy for this and has said no-one hurt, just put to experience and laugh at the maddness of the event.

If i'd have got the reg number i would be more inclined to do something, but its like my word against his even of they DID find the person. And lets face it Fedex delivers everywhere so he could have been from anywhere i'm only presuming there were kids in the car cos i'm sure i looked up and saw them, but i was too busy thinking about other things to fully take note of anything important :/ I've sent a message to customer services :/ the only contact form i could find on the site. I think i'll prob just leave it at that!

You FORGOT to run. Human instint usually kicks in on these occasions. I suggest you improve your reflexes.

Good luck for the future, lol

LMAOO i know! :loopy: I was just getting ready for it to hit me didnt think there was any point in trying to run.

If i'd have got the reg number i would be more inclined to do something, but its like my word against his even of they DID find the person. And lets face it Fedex delivers everywhere so he could have been from anywhere i'm only presuming there were kids in the car cos i'm sure i looked up and saw them, but i was too busy thinking about other things to fully take note of anything important :/ I've sent a message to customer services :/ the only contact form i could find on the site. I think i'll prob just leave it at that!

Best to think about the road whilst crossing, not other things. You sure you weren't walking at a snails pace in dream-land?

Hey only joking we've all done this, but has said next time, please remember to RUN and FAST.

Best to think about the road whilst crossing, not other things. You sure you weren't walking at a snails pace in dream-land?

Hey only joking we've all done this, but has said next time, please remember to RUN and FAST.

Other things as in the van that was revving towards me and beeping its horn and thinking "I'm onlyy 18 i'm too young to dieeee!"

I wasn't just thinking "hmm i think i'll have a pizza for tea tonight" LOL if thats what you mean ahah

Archived