Bad back.Any helpful advice?

I used to get a bad back alot and I did have some kind of sciatic nerve episode once so I can sympathise. The best thing I did was get active. You just need to push through that barrier and eventually you'll feel the benefits. I used to suffer from post viral arthritis and asthma and then I changed my diet and stopped eating 'packet foods' and made an effort to prepare more meals from scratch.

I have found that Ballet and Pilates are excellent as they strengthen and lengthen your muscles and encourage good posture. I think Ballet is an acquired taste but don't think its just for young girls. Most of my class are about my age (30) and many started as adults. I think dancing in general is a good way to loosen up as you really can push it as much or as little as you want. Its way better than the gym in my opinion!

Well,its good to hear your changing your matress.

Many back problems can stem from people sleeping on old or damaged matresses.

Also,if you sit at work most of the time,or spend long perios watching tv or sat at a pc,try and take the pressure off your lower spine muscles,this can be done by rolling up a couple of tea towels into a sausage shape an placing it in the small of the back.

Best of luck and hopefully youl soon find relief:)

Archived