Is anyone NOT interested in clubbing?

teffey_2003

Unfortunately, there's no such thing at uni. Everything is aimed towards hard drinkers and clubbers. [/b]

It is true - if you go to uni and aren't interested in getting slughtered every night, it isn't well set up for you to meet likeminded people - the entire social scene revolves around irresponsible drinking. I joined a sports club to meet people, but that was no good as the whole lot used to go out on a Monday to get slaughtered in stupid three legged pub crawls and get smashed again on a wednesday after a sports event...

ps -

I posted a question about this in the interview thread for the uni presidents - but on't go thinking I'm a massive anti alchohol ******** or anything, because I'm not - but the pride we have in our collective alchohol problem in this country bemuses me - and our town centres are a wreck because of it - turned over entirely to the mass consumption of alchohol at the expense of every other sector of a nighttime economy that exists in other countries, for example cafes late night shopping etc.

[Edited by Tony Ruscoe - Removed swearing]

Guest Mr. Teatime
Originally posted by mikey

I am nominating this for post of the month, quality mate.

I generally hate going out and getting drunk and trying to chat up the sluts who turn up near naked with a bit of cloth covering a few parts of their body. The idea that the only way to meet women is by doing this is stupid and one of the many stereotypes I hate, especially for students. I am a student and everything revolves around drinking it seems, and if you dont like drinking or trying to get laid every night, you're a loser. I guess it just shows up the IQ of people who choose to label and laugh like this as being barely scraping into double figures. I agree with the other post about university societies. I have stayed out of societies after joining the music one, the orchestra one, and looking at several others, and seeing they were all excuses to go and get stoned and drunk all the time.

Originally posted by Mr. Teatime

I generally hate going out and getting drunk and trying to chat up the sluts who turn up near naked with a bit of cloth covering a few parts of their body. The idea that the only way to meet women is by doing this is stupid and one of the many stereotypes I hate, especially for students.

How do you know they are all sluts, have you spoke to them all, do you know them all personally? You say that then the next line you condemn stereotypes - pot, kettle, black?!

Guest Mr. Teatime
Originally posted by fnkysknky

How do you know they are all sluts, have you spoke to them all, do you know them all personally? You say that then the next line you condemn stereotypes - pot, kettle, black?!

The type of girl who dresses in the way I described, I feel safe making that generalisation.

Archived