Thinking of a slate drive any advice?

I wouldn't imagine that slate chippings were suitable for the sort of mechanical damage that a drive would get with vehicles parking on them and to get a solid slate drive would be horrifically expensive due to the thickness of bricks/tiles you'd need to have because slate isn't that strong when it comes to large forces.

I wouldn't imagine that slate chippings were suitable for the sort of mechanical damage that a drive would get with vehicles parking on them and to get a solid slate drive would be horrifically expensive due to the thickness of bricks/tiles you'd need to have because slate isn't that strong when it comes to large forces.

Agree! ... Slate chippings are fine for the garden but would break up into dust on a driveway. You'd need some kind of slate cobbles to lay a drive, which I imagine would have to be specially made and fantastically expensive! :gag:

yes chippings seen a lovely green i like we run a family car and a van on the driveway

Green chippings would look lovely but wouldn't last very long I'm afraid if you are going to drive cars onto it. Slate chippings often break when you stand on them they are really only for decoration :)

Archived