Atheists fail to riot at threat to burn The God Delusion

That is the only 100% sure fire way of protecting yourself, or remaining faithful to one partner.

This is the point, nothing is 100% safe. You need to take precautions for everything we do, why is sex so different.

What harm has is done if someone has had multiple sexual partners in a responsible manner before they settle down and get married?

What harm has is done if someone has had multiple sexual partners in a responsible manner before they settle down and get married?

At least they'd have experience and would be able to satisfy their partner:thumbsup:.

Sounds like the God Delusion isn't worth rioting about.
Because its only a book. Even then its not like they'd be burning the last copies in existence. If i wanted a copy I'd simply shrug my shoulders at anyone wanting to destroy their own copy they purchased with their own cash and take a stroll down to waterstones. As the text within still exists elsewhere then nothing of value is lost except a bit of wood pulp.

That is the only 100% sure fire way of protecting yourself, or remaining faithful to one partner.

But remaining abstinent till marriage didn't protect your marriage did it Grahame?

In fact it did just the opposite as you and your partner being so subject to a world and sex hating ideology meant you made a major life commitment whilst remaining deliberately ignorant of whether or not you were sexually compatible with each other. Unfortunately it turned out you were most incompatible in what for some people is a very important part of their lives dooming your marriage.

In contrast I and my wife had sex with a variety of people before we got together with each other as we went about searching for someone to spend the rest of our lives with. We both without fail used contraception and know for sure that neither or us contracted any STIs because before we took the step of no longer using condoms we went to the clinic to get tested. Because unlike you we took the basic precaution of making sure that we are sexually compatible before getting married we at least know that whatever other problems life throws at us one of us being a repressed homosexual won't be one of them.

The fact that despite the disastrous effect not looking before you leapt had upon your life you still insist that others should do just that says a lot about just how subject to ideology you are.

It is sadly ironic that you get all worked up about the easily avoided dangers of sex outside of marriage whilst your own life is a testament to the dangers of marriage before sex.

Archived