Atheists fail to riot at threat to burn The God Delusion

I don't think it is a case of being frightened to come out

So it's pure speculation on your part then.

I think they hope for the happy marriage with 2.4 children and just hope everything works out OK.

Then you know very little about people and gay people in particular.

Because of the fear of persicution by the religious zealots who think that homosexuality is "depraved, perverted and an abomination"?

Actually, sex (within or without marriage) is important (whether hetro or homo).

Obviously not true or they wouldn't be marrying a Christian if that were the case.

I don't think it is a case of being frightened to come out, I think they hope for the happy marriage with 2.4 children and just hope everything works out OK. But I do think the gay person should be honour bound to be open and honest with their prospective partner, I think it is the least they can do, they probably don't because they are frightened their fiancee might break it off?

Me and my daughter have a very close relationship, she knows I love her and I will help and support her all the way.

That's all well and good, however, when the family and social pressures are on them to conform, marry and produce a couple of sprogs then they go with the flow, hoping that a straight relationship will banish all thoughts/fantasies of homosexuality.

I know a lot of gay people and luckily most of them have liberal minded and thinking parents. Even they found it hard to come out to their parents. Those whom I know who have never come out, surprise, surprise, have devoutly religious parents and they continue to hide their sexuality from them.

So I take it then that you oppose the 'gay-conversion' or 'ex gay' movement popular amongst evangelical Xains which encourages homosexuals to try and repress their sexuality and attempt to live as heterosexuals and get married?

I don't think you can make people what they are not, so for myself I am happy for people to be as they are, with the proviso that they are open and honest with their friends, they don't try to make out they are who they are not and they don't live a lie and then we can accept people for who they are.

Who said anything about marrying a christian?

You're making things up again:rolleyes:.

Because of the fear of persicution by the religious zealots who think that homosexuality is "depraved, perverted and an abomination"?

If a gay person feels comfortable marrying a religious person then obviously the way you paint the picture is untrue.

Archived