Atheists fail to riot at threat to burn The God Delusion

I don't think it is a case of being frightened to come out, I think they hope for the happy marriage with 2.4 children and just hope everything works out OK. But I do think the gay person should be honour bound to be open and honest with their prospective partner, I think it is the least they can do, they probably don't because they are frightened their fiancee might break it off?

Me and my daughter have a very close relationship, she knows I love her and I will help and support her all the way.

Was homosexuality still a crime when you got married? Even if it wasn't homosexuals still faced massive formal and informal persecution. Homosexuals a few decades ago had ever reason to try and repress their sexuality and 'go straight'.

Even today homosexuals still face discrimination, particularly if they come from conservative religious backgrounds. Even in a generally liberal society I'd pity what any cousin on the hyper religious side of my family will have to go through should they be gay. They'll be faced with the appalling choice of somehow breaking free of the incredibly homophobic ideology they've had drummed into them their entire lives, grievously disappointing and risking being kicked out by their parents or attempting to repress their true selves to live a lie. You would obviously blame the individual in such circumstances, I tend to think the homophobic ideology deserves most of any blame.

Was homosexuality still a crime when you got married? Even if it wasn't homosexuals still faced massive formal and informal persecution. Homosexuals a few decades ago had ever reason to try and repress their sexuality and 'go straight'.

Even today homosexuals still face discrimination, particularly if they come from conservative religious backgrounds. Even in a generally liberal society I'd pity what any cousin on the hyper religious side of my family will have to go through should they be gay. They'll be faced with the appalling choice of somehow breaking free of the incredibly homophobic ideology they've had drummed into them their entire lives, grievously disappointing and risking being kicked out by their parents or attempting to repress their true selves to live a lie. You would obviously blame the individual in such circumstances, I tend to think the homophobic ideology deserves most of any blame.

It is the way the cookie crumbles, you cannot blame people for being the way they are.

If your family are like that I can understand to some extent where you are coming from.

Archived