Atheists fail to riot at threat to burn The God Delusion

Right so when ancient monks abbreviated Christ to X that was all well and good but when but when I do the exact same thing it's part of a sinister conspiracy, what an eccentric world you live in.

I've already said that that most people innocently abbreviate Christ to X, but there a those that are actively trying to de-Christianise the west, that are doing it for that reason.

I've already said that that most people innocently abbreviate Christ to X, but there a those that are actively trying to de-Christianise the west, that are doing it for that reason.

:huh: You mean those that use "Xmas" are actively de-Chistmatising Christmas? Considering the amount of threads on religion I can't recall once the topic of Christianity under threat by the abbreviation of a word.

Maybe you're confusing your own personal feeling of insult with suggesting others are the insulter's?

A few months ago I was reading a book about the way the pioneers and ordinary folk lived in the newly open western territories of the States. One section was about religion and the part it played in peoples lives. It had a print of a poster advertising a religious meeting being held by a Christian church. I was surprised to see the word xians and xian being used several times. I knew xian was an old word, xistos greek for christos or something if memory serves, (I could be wrong here as it was a long time ago I read about the x in xmas) but I thought it had only made a comeback in the late 20th century but here it was in a 19th century poster.

Archived