What is your take on this..

She's 19. But depriving her a lift home because of an argument nothing to do with her is a bit much...... isn't it?

Ah - if your daughter's 19, she's more than capable of getting herself home on t'bus! Your partner obviously realises this, it's not as if she's depriving a young child of a lift, is it?

Like I said in my previous post, it could just be the heat of the moment.

My bold

But that isn't necessarily the case, the OP might have said something very nasty that upset the OH. (I'm not trying to imply the OH did, just pointing out that she didn't necessarily say it just because OH disagreed with her.)

Any way, if it was in the middle of an argument, it was probably just said in the heat of the moment, and she might change her mind when she calms down.

No nothing nasty. The argument was money related. If she doesnt change her mind I'll walk it to college and jump on the bus with her to make sure she gets home safe.

She's 19. But depriving her a lift home because of an argument nothing to do with her is a bit much...... isn't it?
Does your daughter expect your partner to part with her car whenever she's attending college?.. or is it you, just worrying about your 19 year old daughter having to make her own way home?

Ah - if your daughter's 19, she's more than capable of getting herself home on t'bus! Your partner obviously realises this, it's not as if she's depriving a young child of a lift, is it?

I would certainly agree if she was making the trip home in daylight. But 9pm at night from town to Shirecliffe is worrying.

I forgot to point out that this was an arrangement made when she signed up to her college course.

So dont 19 year old women get attacked then?

Nah, if it were a man depriving this girl of a lift im sure your attitude would be very different.

Does your daughter expect your partner to part with her car whenever she's attending college?.. or is it you, just worrying about your 19 year old daughter having to make her own way home?

As posted on a previous post. An arrangement was made for me to take her home when she enrolled on her course.

I would certainly agree if she was making the trip home in daylight. But 9pm at night from town to Shirecliffe is worrying.

I forgot to point out that this was an arrangement made when she signed up to her college course.

When she goes out with her mates, do you go and collect her so she doesn't have to get a bus?

Personally, I think a 19 should be quite capable of getting home that early in the evening - you could always meet her at the bus stop if the area you live in is so very bad.

Archived