What is your take on this..

When she goes out with friends she's not alone.

Whether 9pm is early to you or not, it's still dark. Would it worry you if your daughter had to travel 5 miles home at this hour alone?

Not a dig, I'm just interested.

I don't have a daughter, but if I did I'd have no qualms about her travelling from town on her own at that time of night, alone or not. I believe that children should be taught to be self-sufficient and independent - not to rely on their parents for everything. I don't think a 19 year old is any more likely to be attacked than a 25 year old, or a 45 year old.

How old will she have to be before you think she's capable of a short bus journey on her own? What happens if she leaves home - are you going to continue to be her chauffeur, so she doesn't have to get a bus? Oh, and how does she feel about you coming to meet her on the bus? Doesn't she find it a bit embarrassing??

As posted on a previous post. An arrangement was made for me to take her home when she enrolled on her course.
You speak as though she owes you something.

She's doing it to spite you; don't give her the satisfaction of watching you grovel. And stop wickling so much about your daughter, she'll be ok on the bus at that time of night.

If I were you, I wouldn't be asking this question on the forum. You have a problem with your O/H ... only you can sort it and it doesn't matter what any poster says. You could be addressing this problem instead of playing on your comp, which would be more beneficial to all of you. Also if your O/H finds out you've started this thread I hardly think it would help to diffuse things! :)

You dont know that. If youve never had that situation to deal with how can you possibly know how you would act?
I have a daughter, is that good enough? I think the op is babying his daughter and trying to treat her like a little girl. Would he be running around after his son like this?

Good grief, she's not a child at 19. She could have been married for three years and have a couple of kids. She's old enough to vote, she's old enough to get a bus from town at 9 pm.

:rolleyes:

You dont know that. If youve never had that situation to deal with how can you possibly know how you would act?

Oh, dear, the old "if you haven't got children yourself, you can't possible understand/know how you'd behave" card!

If that principle was applied to all the discussions on SF, the place would be as quiet as the grave, because very few people would be able to comment on each thread, because they lacked the experience of a particular subject/event.

This is my way of thinking right now. 80% just take it (I am insured and have a full licence) 20% bus.

the problem there is if you get a tug! at the end of the day she has refused you permission so in the eyes of the law you are taking without consent (twoccing). insured or otherwise you are using a vehicle without the owners consent and you would be dealt with accordingly!

Oh, dear, the old "if you haven't got children yourself, you can't possible understand/know how you'd behave" card!

His argument is a bit of a non starter anyway, as the subject isn't even a child!

The infantilism of adult children we hear about is alive and well and living in Sheffield. If she was away at Uni, he'd have no idea what she was doing or how she was getting home from lectures. I find it all faintly ridiculous, truly.

If that principle was applied to all the discussions on SF, the place would be as quiet as the grave, because very few people would be able to comment on each thread, because they lacked the experience of a particular subject/event.

Quite so.. Sounds like the lass has got dad wrapped around her fingers.

Archived