What is your take on this..

It's only early September, and for an evening course, this could be the first time the his daughter has had to to make this journey. Ideally, I would say, it would be better to meet her and take the journey with her, then you can assess the risks together.

It could well be that your daughter meets up on the course with someone else who travels in the same direction, or on the same bus route, so you could meet her at the bus stop at Shirecliffe, in time.

All you refer to is 'your partner'. Is she the mother of your daughter? Do you live with your partner? Does your daughter? Knowing the answer to these questions could change what people thought. We don't have enough info to make judgements.

My actions would be to get the bus to meet her, and then pick her up on the bus, and then, you get the chance to assess the risks, and whether you both feel safe for her to be travelling this route alone.

Very good advice.

To answer your questions:

1. I live my my partner, she isn't the mother of my daughter.

2. My daughter lives approximately 6 miles from where we live.

She will always be BLADESMAN's kid (child), no matter what her age.

What has that to do with adult responsibility? If it's that important get off SF, stop whining about the OH and the tiff you're having with her, and go get the child...Sorry, adult.

What has that to do with adult responsibility? If it's that important get off SF, stop whining about the OH and the tiff you're having with her, and go get the child...Sorry, adult.

Well I should hope that it has alot to do with adult responsibility. Doesn't matter how old, a father (& mother) will always be there for their child...Sorry, adult.

I was wondering if Bladesman has asked his wife to pick the daughter up, or phoned his daughter to say he couldn't pick her up or maybe she'd like to have a word with her mother - other than that, meeting her off the bus would do.

I was wondering why Bladesman was getting such a hard time:confused:

I was wondering why Bladesman was getting such a hard time:confused:

He is coming across as being worried about his daughter and cannot understand why his wife is not as concerned - it's a hard one to call as voices may have been raised, his wife has got back at him for something he's said and as it's her car opinions are divided because we don't know what has actually been said.

He should just go and meet his daughter.

Archived