Night drive ban could save lives

Bruno

Drink a pint of Stella and you'll be over the limit usually.

Each person is different.

I was breathalyzed in Glossop (always in Glossop) in 1989 and had consumed three pints of Stella that lunch time, in Southport. (The Coronation pub, very nice in its day.)

I passed. I'd only eaten a McDonald's burger that day and this was also the day after a heavy Saturday night's intake.

I'm not condoning drink-driving, but I know what levels I trust myself with (and they're certainly not what they used to be twenty years ago). Nor am I saying that I'd pass such a test today after three Stellas, not that you'd find me consuming the stuff.

Oh for goodness sake, why on earth do people immediately assume that it's the younger generation who cause the majority of road accidents? It's a well known fact that it's the elderly drivers who are more dangerous than their grandchildren. It's completely unfair. It seem almost impossible for anyone under 25 to drive now because of insurance premiums, harder tests and now this stupid night drive ban - which is basically a kerfew.

Oh for goodness sake, why on earth do people immediately assume that it's the younger generation who cause the majority of road accidents? It's a well known fact that it's the elderly drivers who are more dangerous than their grandchildren. It's completely unfair. It seem almost impossible for anyone under 25 to drive now because of insurance premiums, harder tests and now this stupid night drive ban - which is basically a kerfew.

So you reckon older people cost the insurance companies more and that's why they load premiums for the young drivers? :confused: I'd love to see where you get your figures from.

your wrong its fact that younger drivers 17-25 are far more likely to kill are be killed while driving :loopy::loopy:

Oh yes, round our way you can't move for pensioners speeding round in their souped up cars with rap music blaring as they go out every night to score drugs. :loopy:

Safety campaigners are advocating the introduction of a graduated licensing scheme which would ban young motorists from driving at night, carrying teenage passengers or drinking alcohol.

A study conducted by researchers at the University of Cardiff concluded that the measures could prevent up to 200 deaths on the road each year.

Story Here

Daft idea or have the Taffy members of academia discovered startling new evidence that young motorists suffer from night vison problems? :hihi:

I passed my test in 1968 at 2.30 by 4.00 I had my accident. From 68 to 72 I had 4 more and all my fault. I was the king of the road and was showing of to my mates, not a clever thing to do. At least high powered cars were not the normal except for the Mini Cooper S i turned over on the M1 at Tinsley at 2 in the morning, because I fell asleep.

Young drivers will always show of to their mates you will never change that, but they also need to understand that safety to others comes first.

Archived