Recomend a nice big church for a wedding

Excuse me but most churchs if not all are willing to marry you if you attend their church about 6 weeks before your wedding. If you have nothing to add reguarding my post do not comment

but i did have a valid point,

oh as long as you attend church for 6 weeks you could be the next pope, what a laugh:loopy:

be sure to tell me which church you chose so i can report them to the bishop

but i did have a valid point,

oh as long as you attend church for 6 weeks you could be the next pope, what a laugh:loopy:

be sure to tell me which church you chose so i can report them to the bishop

Excuse me if you have nothing good to say then dont say it. I would like to get married in a church and everyone is entitled to that. Im not wanting to be pope I just want to get married so run along

Excuse me if you have nothing good to say then dont say it. I would like to get married in a church and everyone is entitled to that. Im not wanting to be pope I just want to get married so run along

no they are not only christians, people of faith, people within the parish that the church is in, not just somebody that wants to get married in a place because it looks good in the pictures,

• 1 month later...
Excuse me but most churchs if not all are willing to marry you if you attend their church about 6 weeks before your wedding. If you have nothing to add reguarding my post do not comment

Well I will disagree with you on that one for sure. I know for a fact that the church I am getting married in would not agree to marry you unless you live in the parish or have a very strong qualifying connection and there a many like it. The larger churchs have to go by this as they were getting booked up years in advance and this was stopping people who lived in the parish or with the qualifying connection getting married in thier rightful church.

I don't think it matters whether you are Christian or not as God would see this as an oppertunity to come into your life and bless your marriage, although it would seem slightly odd to get married in the eyes of the lord if you are not religious, which of course is the differance between a church ceremony and a civil ceremony.

• 3 weeks later...

All depends really, catholic churches wont allow a marriage unless one of the people getting married is catholic, and they do actually check, as they keep sacramental records. Also it is correct that marriages should only be allowed if you live within a certain parish, but this can often be waived by the priest/vicar. Whilst, as a person of religion, i do find it slightly hypocritical, as a church is a place of worship and the house of God, not a photography studio, i can only wish you all the best in your wedding planning, and for your future lives together!

Archived